Windows XP SP2 Released

Well it looks like people will now be able to get SP2 from Automatic Updates. Apparently its a smaller file than the network administrator stuff you could download earlier.

You can merge these(this and the SP2 preview) threads if you want mods.

merged and renamed the threads :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Does anyone know how to remove that stupid, “Your firewall is not on” icon in the taskbar? I hate it like I hate…Clip Art… or something VERY evil like that.

(Nvm, I fixed that)

so do those of you who’ve downloaded it say it’s a definate good thing? i’ve heard mixed things…

to get it or no…

:p:

I would recommend it. After the first half hour or so of being pissed off at it because of everything it tries to do for you, you can disable what you want gone. Then you can see that things in general seem to run a bit faster. I think more processes are running by default…

ofcourse its a good thing.

dior.

I like it a lot, and I don’t seem to have any of application incompatibilites that a few others have had. Give the download a shot, and if it doesn’t work out well for you, system restore back to your PC’s pre-SP2 state :slight_smile:

There doesn’t seem to be any difference between SP1 and SP2 after I disabled the firewall and other security junk… (I trust my hardware firewall for that task)

Anyone notice any actual difference in performance?

hmmm… i ordered the CD, but that won’t get here for 4 weeks, and i am no way downloading it on 56k, even over night…

is there an exe to d/l online somewhere? i may hit this at school tomorrow, on the T1 :cool:

performance gains yes - no problems here whatsoever and browsing the web is better, and XP is handling spyware a lot better

Isnt it the inital download of the file from winupdate 75mb but the total after install is 256mb? hmm.

hey dude any problems with apps? adobe range, macromedia range, 3d apps?

nope none at all -

can’t speak for 3d yet - but no problems anywhere.
photoshop and flash are fine :slight_smile:
so are all my audio programs - everything

you have to get the update for nero 6 if you have it.

just installed it…wish me luck

Good luck!

gl unflux :stuck_out_tongue:

is there an exe to d/l online somewhere? i may hit this at school tomorrow, on the T1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

download from here and burn :slight_smile:

-teet

installed the service pack…

seems ok, had to get updates for Style xp… be back if any more changes are needed

I had to update style xp too. Imagine that!