World Cup Fever!

Yep that was a pretty kewl programme. Sorry I must say the so called football fans in that prog were complete and utter dip ****s, how pathetic can a bunch of grown men be! They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it.\rI’m sure most people around the world would have been appalled by their behavior.\rThey went to a game soley to cause trouble and in general smashed up pubs and kicked people in the head.\rThey didn’t know they were being filmed by secret cameras.\rThe bloke wearing the secret camera was pretending to be one of the thugs, drinking with them in bars, and sort of getting involved with the violence.\rTruly was a shocking insight into a bunch of morons social passtime.

The crazy Irish streak rises up again and the whole of the Irish fottballing nation suffers. The Captain of the Irish world cup side “Roy Keane” gets sent home before the darn thing has even begun! doh it’s not meant to happen like that “Roy”
Apparantley he had a bust up with the manager and the boss sent him packing :frowning:

He was probably hungover. :lol:

pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

The madness must be spreading! I just saw on the news that two of the swedish players had a punch up in training LOL :slight_smile:
It’s all kicking off and it hasn’t even started yet.

worldcup.espnsoccernet.com/index?lang=en

Just had the obligatory office sweepstake for the World Cup - £3 each in the kitty and a team out of the hat. I seem to have drawn Sweden. Hmm.

So I guess I just have to hope that the players haven’t all hospitalised each other by the time the first game comes round.

ET UN ! ET DEUX ! ET TROIS 0 !!!
FRANCE FRANCE FRANCE. Well, actually, if Zidane doesn’t play, and if we play like we did against Belgium, there are no chances we’re gonna win the World Cup. But then again, who would have bet 1 EuroCent on France 4 years ago ??

pom 0]

PSG, PSG, PSG… Paris Saint Germain rocks !!

I apologise for bringing the subject up again but I’m in my element :slight_smile: the games have begun!!
So far they have been really good and we’ve only just begun :wink: that was a lyric from a Carpenters song I think. Germany won 8-0 today and the Irish really did themselves proud. It’s the turn of the mighty English tomorrow, we play Sweden and I couldn’t really predict which way it’ll go.
It’s fairly tough making predictions nowadays as the level of team quality has risen dramaticaly in recent years. Take for instance Holland, a great footballing nation with an abundance of talented footballers “they never even got in it, shock horror” so this proves that the teams that did make it are all top drawer…

England only qualified because David Beckham scored an equaliser against Greece in the last few seconds of the game to make it 1-1. So you can see just how hard it’s getting to qualify for this one of worldwide spectical.
God I wish I was in Japan :slight_smile:

Soccernet also contains elements of flash so I thought I’d post it anyway
worldcup.espnsoccernet.com/index?lang=en

football crazy, and it’s only once every four years so it’s allowed :slight_smile:

Arghhhhhhhhh! !!! We’re dead !!! How could this happen !!! 1-0 against Senegal…

pom 0]

Don’t worry I’m sure the English will go home before you do Pom.

:rollin: Don’t be so sure…
By the way, I’ve not yet been very impressed by a team (well, except Senegal). Argentina was so so, Spain was weak, Germany had an easy round… We’ll see Brazil tomorrow.

pom 0]

yes I agree, I’m thinking the teams will get stronger and perform better as they progress!
We’ll see, I hope they do. Tis still a joy to watch I think you’ll agree :slight_smile:

Come to think of it Cameroon looked preety tasty for 45 minutes :slight_smile:

So the Americans are showing us the way after giving the Portuguese a good kicking. How the f… I’m surprised :slight_smile:

I don’t know ! But tomorrown, France has got to win dammit !! Loosing would be kind of funny though. All the players getting to big-headed… :evil:

pom 0]

they may have lost the hunger Pom, we’ll see. Just gotta say that I was also impressed with the Brazilians and again the Irish :wink:

I’m confident crosses fingerstakes voodoo puppettouches woodthrows coin in the water fountain* that we are going to win…

pom 0]

I hope you didn’t over do it ??? :slight_smile:

we’ve gotta take on Argentina, HAHAHAHAHA :frowning:

I had forgotten about that :rollin: !!!
Good luck ! -this is pure looser-solidarity… (Is Beckham gonna play at all ?)

pom 0]

Yep Beckham will be playing, I’d imagine he’ll give a good 90 minutes this time although he’ll be tired obviously.
All we need is a free kick and he’ll sort things out :wink:

How ironic if that veron does us in. He didn’t really do much in the UK so I’m hoping it’ll stay that way…

Good tournament so far!!!

Pom the French aint gonna loose again, bring on Mr Henry + Mr Trezeguet :wink:

Actually, you may have never heard of him, but we also have a certain Djibril Cisse, who’s the top scrorer of the French championship… And we haven’t scored yet… Best scorer of the English, Italian and French championship and still no goals, for France hip hip hip…

pom 0]

Yep I’ve heard of him aswell. How can you fail to win with three goalscorers like that. Three of the best in Europe and the world come to think of it. I’m sure your boys have had their wake up call
I’m behind em Pom, I’ll be watching, not long to go know I can feel the tension building :wink: