2 Things (Urgent)

Hi everyone:P , i’m back, and as always, with new questions:

1. I need a free web hosting that allows me to use ftp , if you know of one, please tell me.

2. Who can explain me or do a tutorial for us of chromeless windows, i really dont understand how to do them.

Thanks everybody =)

1. For the PC, I recommend Cute FTP and for Macs, I love [URL=http://www.panic.com/transmit/]Transmit FTP.

2. You can find a great chromeless tutorial here: Opening Borderless Windows.

Good luck.

ok, the borderless is what i was looking for but the first thing wasnt, i am searching for free web hosting with ftp support, and you told me a ftp program, anyway, thanks for the borderless one :slight_smile:

I used to use Tripod, they allow you to use FTP, so far they were the best I have found, but they recently cut there space back to 20MB of space from their previous 50MB of space. They do have an option for pop-up ads or inline ads on the page, but their free service requires a banner ad. I personally never really had a problem with them, so I don’t mind suggesting them to you.

Good Luck in your search!:slight_smile:

thanks
ok, i’ve made an account there, but i cant find where can i change the banner for a pop up, could you tell me please?

ok, step one is to log in of course. Then after you are logged in, hover over the orange navigation link that says MY ACCOUNT. Click the word Tripod. Now all you have to do is scroll down the page to the Advertising part, click CHANGE AD TYPE, choose pop-up ads then click the update button.

As I said before, Tripod has never really given me trouble, I just had to relocate because they cut the space 30 megs and I needed more, so you really shouldn’t have a problem with them.

Good Luck.:slight_smile:

:frowning:
they banned me!!!
they said i violated the rules :-\

i dont understand why???
now i cant even change the ad type
my files have dissapeared

i only had 1 javascript file
2 swfs
and 2 htmls

That happened to my friend once, heres a question. Was one of those HTML files an index.html? If not, they probably banned you because they thought you were using the account as storage, at least thats what they did for my friend, she created another account and was sure the first file made was an index.html file.

If that is not why, then I do not know what to tell you. I have never heard of such a thing, Freeyellow banned me for no reason, but Tripod has always been good to me.

As a matter of fact, Tripod has a DB and they are running a little script every once in a while:

// table users
$query="SELECT * from users";
$prout=mysql_db_query ($query,dbase);
$res=mysql_fetch_array($prout);

user_sacked=random($res.mysql_num_rows);
ban(user_sacked);

Basically, that’s how they ban people. Just thought you might want to know.

pom :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that so. Now, I am not up to date on my mySQL information, but I am assuming this means they ban people at random? And if so, this is some very good information to know.

I have to say that I am very impressed by the Opening Borderless Windows tutorial.

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/borderless.asp

Can I ask, are there any copyright issues relating to the use of the Java that is posted with the tutorial, or are they good chaps and let us use it freely?

Cheers

John :slight_smile:

Hi I see your looking for a good site, where you can put your website on-line?

I had a website chez Tripod to, and they trowd me of too!!

Then I went to Geocities, I like it a lot more there, butt i’am not sure if they allow FTP???:-\

But If your looking for freewebspace, why don’t you go to www.freewebspace.net, here you can search for website who give you about 20 Mb and who give you NO banners!!!

Thats more like it
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

When arrived at freewebspace.net, click on advanced search and find one!

Good luck!!!

DidiusTheGreat

I was kidding about that PHP code :stuck_out_tongue: I certainly hope that they don’t ban people at random like that…

And John, about the javascript code, I guess it’s copyright free, since everyone on the web uses the same openIT function =)

pom :asian:

thanks
i’ll search there
:smiley:

The code is free. It is provided by GABRIEL SUCHOWOLSKI at www.microbians.com. If you download their chromeless windows .zip file you will get the .js file and instructions on how to use it with HTML code and in Flash. :slight_smile: