3D low poly forest giant - WIP

Here’s the base mesh of a character I’ve been working on and off for the last couple of weeks. I’ve almost got the skeleton rigged… just working out a few details.

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

Here’s the IK rig for the mesh. I haven’t fully worked out all the bugs so he’s a little more difficult to move than he should be, and there are some deformations that aren’t quite to my liking… but I enjoyed it more than using character studio, which can be a little restrictive.

No motion capture for this dude, but Max 5’s new curve functions should make animating it a tad easier than it used to be. No facial animations either… I didn’t include much detail in the face so it mightn’t work too well. When I get around to it he’ll have a mouth that opens and closes (for a nice cheesy grin).

ohh soo sweet, looks complex :!: maybe for your next project, do something simple to check out the motionbuilder program i was talking about… or maybe not :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by senocular *
**oooo so you went over to one of your new logos eh? nice :slight_smile: **
Yep new logo, new avatar, new signature, u like?
based on my new site to be released soon…

cheers… :slight_smile:

Another update on the texturing:

thats turning out really quite nice. keep at it. it looks like vains or something … like the insides of muscle if you know what i mean… :h: :stuck_out_tongue:

ps ::: is he smiling . LOL … cheeky grin :smirk:

Lol… On one of the pics, it does seem indeed as if he’s smiling :stuck_out_tongue: Actually, it does on almost every one :wink:

But it’s really nice! Seriously, I’m looking forward to seeing the final product! :thumb:

Nice, it somehow reminds me of turtles…

hey ain’t you gonna smooth the little guya bit more?

Pretty neat… but I saw something kinda similiar here too:
http://69.44.60.9/artbyfeng.com/crea_25.html

What version of 3D studio are you using. I managed to get my hands on v4 and am wondering if (and how) I would be able to do it there.