ActionScript/XML Question

Ok, here is my problem…

I have successfully created a dynamic list of text fields dependent on how many childnodes are present in my XML file…great so it would look a little something like this…Each from an XML node that creates it’s own text field…

Steven
Bobby
Johnny
Yo Momma
My Momma

So I have a list something along those lines. Ok, here’s the problem…

Since I’m horrible at Math, I need some help…I need to make these names scroll up. Yea, I could just throw this list in a Movie Clip and just animate that, but I really don’t have a clue how long this list could be since it’s dynamic. So if anyone knows anything about animation with Mathmatics…I’d love to hear from you! Hope I made some sense here…

Thanks!

Are you using Flash MX or Flash 5?

pom :asian:

Oh and I need it to scroll not using Flash MX’s Scrollbar control. I’m developing for Flash Player 6.

NOT using FLash’s scrollbar component? Why?

pom :frowning:

Don’t get me wrong, but I wouldn’t have posted if I could use Flash MX’s Scrollbar Component. Anyway, The reason is because I’m making a “Price-is-right” like wheel that will spin and come to a stop on whatever name is chosen. Obviously, the scrollbar isn’t going to do this for me. :slight_smile:

?!?! You want to make a list or a wheel?? And do you want all the names to appear or not? Sorry for not understanding, it’s quite late here :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, kinda like a wheel…You know, Like the “Price-Is-Right” game show wheel…right? And yes, showing all the names…

but it wont show all of them right… just the ones that would be on one side of the wheel?