Allowing background scaling, content not

I want to use a gradient as background for my flash movie, but I want this background to cover the whole browser’s window just like Adopt Design does it (check out Adopt Design). The content of the flash movie should NOT be resizable with the browser’s window though. So, I used this code:

fscommand(“fullscreen”, “false”);
fscommand(“allowscale”, “false”);
Stage.scaleMode = “noScale”;
sizer = new Object();
sizer.onResize = function() {
_root.bg._width = Stage.width;
_root.bg._height = Stage.height;
_root.bg._x = -((Stage.width-780)/2);
_root.bg._y = -((Stage.height-540)/2);
};
Stage.addListener(sizer);

in the HTML file I did set the margins to 0pix and the SWF’s height and width to 100%.

But when I type in the address in the browser to open the page the first time, I see the flash movie in the center with white background around it anyway, and when I resize the browser’s window (even if just 1pix) everything is perfect. What’s happening?

check the problem in a JPG:

the site (notice what changes when you resize the window, after opening)

www.antoniobrandao.com/meira/

:frowning:

You’re only looking for the resize with your listener, you might want to do the same thing for onLoad. I think that should fix the problem…

Thanks, I did already add the onLoad function…!

But you didnt say if, that what you see in the picture, does it happen to you too?

When I visit the page I still get my error. I erased all my cache but in my windows 2000 I can never be sure.

check it for me please! If it is working there, its done! :slight_smile:

Hmmm still shows up like the picture till I resize the browser, can you post the fla, if you’re worried about it getting stolen you can pm it to me, or attach it to an email to me shawn[at]veuphoria[dot]com

Hi…

I am a Noob To this flash, I actually bother by my webby not being able to resize according to the user resolution.

So, how do I actually go about it, so that my webby can automactically resize according to user screen. Also, how do I centralised it??

Thanks…