An odd prob with the scroller component?

I have been playing around with the tutorial on scrolling dynamcially loaded text and have come apon a perplexing problem?..If I try to put the scroller into a movie clip which already has everything exccept the text box, it won’t automatically resize itself to the text box…but if I go out to a fresh movie and with the same settings…it will resize with no problems…what am I doing wrong?

Wait I am confused…

If I try to put the scroller into a movie clip which already has everything exccept the text box, it won’t automatically resize itself to the text box

Well if there isn’t any text box, how can it resize to the textbox?

Do you have your textbox outside the movieclip with the scrollbar? If so, it won’t work, you need to drag your scrollbar component ONTO the textbox so it attaches to it, so they have to be in the same movie clip. I am pretty sure that this is true, but not 100% sure.

I’m sorry…I screwed up…I mean that the movie clip has the rest of the graphics and stuff on it, and I add the text box, then the scrollbar won’t resize…but if it is empty and I make the text box, then the scrollbar resizes fine…There are work arounds I know, but it is kind of annoying…

Sorry for the confusion…:slight_smile: