Another KIRUPA book?

why dont we try to make another kirupa book, but about Flaash? we have experts in just about every field of Flash, from design, to actionscript, sound, database etc. Kirupa, is this even possible?

um… why not? :beam:

I proposed this to Kirupa a while back… he said he’d think about it, but all in all it comes down to what his publisher thinks… :-\

otherwise he has to find a new publisher…

Yeah eilsoe. There may be a possibility that I might write the next edition of my current book once the new version of FrontPage hits shelves. With school pouring more work, it will be difficult to manage too many things.

Cheers!
Kirupa 8]

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**once the new version of FrontPage hits shelves. **
´
ummm… Frontpage is good but what about a book about Flash? =)

lol syko - if I get asked to write about Flash, I’ll definitely go for it. I got asked about FrontPage, and I’m quite pleased with that. The market is saturated with Flash books, but only few people put out books for FrontPage. There is less competition and I like that :ub:

Cheers!
Kirupa :eye:

yeah but… but… but… but…:x

what i want to know is, why frontpage? i mean i bet you are Ubb3er |33t with it but like why dont you use Dreamweaver, isnt that the new standard? :crazy: well watever, i mean 18 and one book under your belt…wow…

Why not FrontPage =) They are both good programs, but I’m familiar with FrontPage only though. I guess until MS decides to pull the plug on FrontPage - which I strongly doubt will ever happen - FP will be a good alternative for beginners and those who aren’t interested in any of the features of DW yet.

No offence guys, but I don’t think that anybody here could write a book about Flash. I mean, look around. As K said, it’s quite saturated, with lots of very talentuous Flashers AND writers (just open any FoEd book, you’ve got Keith Peters, Manny Tan, Brandon Williams…).

But dreaming is cool :slight_smile:

if he makes a kirupa´s flash book i´d bought it for sure, and most kirupians would too, but the competition in this field is just not fair. We have thousands of thousands new flash books coming up every month.
The demand for flash books has never been higher, and perhaps the little share that kirupa´s flash book will grab will be larger than kirupa´s Front Page, what could make it a good fight, a fight worth fighting for :wink:

But what do i know about these things? i´m just babling :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by ilyaslamasse *
**No offence guys, but I don’t think that anybody here could write a book about Flash. I mean, look around. As K said, it’s quite saturated, with lots of very talentuous Flashers AND writers (just open any FoEd book, you’ve got Keith Peters, Manny Tan, Brandon Williams…).

But dreaming is cool :slight_smile: **

yeh but what a bout a beginner’s book! Just for people to get started!

hey guys it’s very cool idea…
to make it success, we can know what is the beginner’s need?
what is expert need ? from the others threads we had in our site.
so from this way we can know the needs in all levels.
a lot of samples, explaniation for most of AS and good price…:sigh: .
i think this is anyone needs to buy book.

just thinking

I talked to Kirupa about this before and actually… I’ve been on the lines of creating a book myself… This book will cover alot of areas I see questions about thrown around…

FMX Design with PHP Theories…

It’ll cover everything you need to know From working with each individual object… and… How to work each of them together to blend in a whole new sense of power.

I was going to write a book on Flash MX Gaming but I decided that there were already enough books on gaming out there… And We needed something a little different.

I like the PHP theories idea! that would be cool. But i never see any flash game books at my B&N…

I SAY WE ALL EAT CHICKEN!

I couldn’t think of anything to post. :frowning: