Baaaaaattlefield 1942

Just a little thread to show how much I :love: :love: :love: this game…

Anyway do any of you, children, play Battlefield1942 (the original - not the mod which are pretty good too)… My sn is ‘milkman - grenoble’ and I mostly play on small sized servers 10 - 25 ppl…
My fav server is synergy… and my favorite map battleaxe ??

Now to show you how much this game rocks, I just want you to know that you can:

• drive jeeps, tanks, mobile artillery, APCs
  • use landing boats, cruisers, battlecruisers, submarines
  • fly bombers, german, russian american english and jap. planes
  • be a sniper, engineer, soldier, medic, bazooka man

just a few SSs (goto www.battlefield1942.com if the remotelinks dont work):

Now, get off DE_Dust and come play in Norht Africa, Pacific, East/West Europe etc… !

Love this game… I play a lot on larger servers but my name is usually just “Jubba” :slight_smile: if you see me on shoot me.

edit: I actually think I remember seeing you on in one game… I played against someone that was named Milkman… something… oh well…:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been playing all kinds of games online: SOF II, Mohaa, UT2k3, but I never really got to playing Battlefield 1942…although some friends of mine did. I might start in the close future :beam:

do do do will do the K-team ! I was ranked in the top 4% two months ago (sumthin like n1120 out of 45000 - before the stats server, http://bfstat.com broke down on the rankings - ive improved since then)

but hey i promise it’s a nice game and very friendly i dont know - being in the trenches improves friendship (except those friggin TKers and Spawncampers :beam:)

Hm, just DL’ed the demo, tried it… looks cool :slight_smile:

Love my gfx card :love: plays smoothly in 1024x768 with maxed details :thumb:

why doesn’t it support 1280x1024 rez?? :-\ *****in’…

I might go buy this sucker… maybe… baby… :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh, I know what you’re talking about: I always did pretty good in UT2k3, kicked *** on almost every server, but their ranking system didn’t work quite well: you had to have some personal code, then a user code, then a username, then a nickname… It was kind of confusing, and the game never seemed to cooperate very well with the ranking site :s But I might just go and get it from a friend… I’ll see :beam:

Will it work well with Pentium 4, 512 mb ram, and Radeon 7500 Mobility graphics?

In about 1024x768 (800x600 is OK, but I don’t like it :()

[EDIT] Downloading demo to see… [/EDIT]

I want to get this game. What do you guys suggest though? Getting just Battlefield 1942, getting that with the expansions, getting the delux version which comes with one of the expansions?

played it, finshed it, GREat Game and now im bored :stuck_out_tongue: nar still gtta finsh nfs…

i guess bf42 is okay in singleplayer but how can you finish it ? I mean the one only thing you must do is play online - this is what Im talking about - I wasn’t really talking about the single player missions - which are a bit boring after a while (or punch up bots to max. difficulty for fun =))

*Originally posted by mlkdesign *

look at this guys face. hehehe

Ow yea this game ownz to online is Krewl

hey im starting to get into this, what servers do you all frequent?

man i downloaded the demo and it was really laggy for me. I’m on a cable modem as well. Is there lag less if you get the real version?

It’s probably your computer…

hey im starting to get into this, what servers do you all frequent?

SYNERGY - EA Off servers - BeerDrinkers - 99th armored - 101st - - generally 10-20 people servers…

what’s your game name ?

*Originally posted by Digigamer *
**man i downloaded the demo and it was really laggy for me. I’m on a cable modem as well. Is there lag less if you get the real version? **

The demo (the MP one, i assume) had some problems with massive server lag and stuff. i think a patch came out for the demo. check www.battlefield1942.com

but the full game runs like a dream on 1024 reso with medium/full quality settings!

Yay, I got it working fast! IO had to set it to 1024x768x32, not lower resolutions, i dono why this was the answer to my sever-slowness problem.