[h][/h]

*Originally posted by thoriphes *
**:sigh:

[h][/h] **
Thoriphes is offically not fun anymore. :frowning:

*Originally posted by telekinesis *
**Thoriphes is offically not fun anymore. :frowning: **
:stuck_out_tongue: you have no idea.

Well I gotta do something when all your professionals are working on a project. So since I really don’t know what I could actually give of service to the group, instead I try and make people laugh. Everyone needs a good laugh when they work hard.

*Originally posted by telekinesis *
**Well I gotta do something when all your professionals are working on a project. So since I really don’t know what I could actually give of service to the group, instead I try and make people laugh. Everyone needs a good laugh when they work hard. **
Don’t you remember I assigned you as Team Spirit Cadet? :beam:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by thoriphes
There’s a problem with using setRGB, though. When you use it on a graphic, it will force a fill, so you’ll basically get circle’s of different colors.
I was thinking of having a semi-transparent fill inside each symbol and we could just change that so it looks like it’s being tinted.

You could just use the [font=courier new]Color.setTransform()[/font] method instead of [font=courier new]Color.setRGB()[/font]. :wink:

But we already decided on seperate graphics for each instead of setRGB or anything like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I just read that thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

ok…so which is the latest FLA?

is it the one from Ahmed?
LostinBeta?

I think even if use some other graphics as placeholders (electrongeeks, slacker K’s) j/k … we can call 1,2, and 3 done. Am I right? Then we can move on to the fun stuff.

I don’t know… do you want me to clean up my code’s structure, or just use losts? :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of merrit to using some OOP. I anticipated we would use prototypes. It only makes sense.

For example, some of the wells belong to the opposite player. Well 7 and well 14 are skipped when you are going over the opposing players number, etc. (In other words, you don’t add to your opponents score when you’re putting stones in the different wells).

The array solution for the id’s, or calling them directly as Thoriphes mentioned is right. So we need to incorporate that solution.

Ahmed, if you go all nerdy OOP on us, would you mind explaining? Again, I think at the end of all this, we can publish our project with the findings, etc… (at least some of it…)

Another thought, though, is that if we use good ol’ AS we can have more participation, which may be the ultimate goal.

What do you guys think?

Do we have a checklist of things to complete and in what order? Because I really have no clue :x

And yes, ahmed, if you go OOP please comment your code, although I do understanding the coding concepts and how it will all work in the end, I don’t understand the OOP side of it and why you put certain things where you put them (im so retarded!)

Well I think an OOP approach works best for a project this size, especially since it’s more than a single person that’s working on it (i.e each person can easily expand on the classes etc ). I would be glad to comment my code. As to issues with participation, as far I know, Thor, Ilyas and I are familiar with OOP, Lost has enough background (though he tends to deny it :P), and you? we’ll learn ya up real good :P:P

lol i don’t really know, but once i learned a bit on OOP, i never did “algorithm” code anymore, i just can’t imagine building a game of this size without the use of object and classes, but then again, it’s up to you all =)

Hehe, I can handle OOP. It shouldn’t pose too much of a problem for me when a basic OOP setup is laid out, I can add/edit from that.

Hurray for OOP!

<singing> Im down with OOP! Yeah, you know me! Im down with OOP !!!

oops. Went a little ghetto…

OOP it is.

LOL… went a little ghetto… haha :wink:

Can we please keep this MX OOP and not AS2 OOP? Given that I can only work in AS1 :-\ (and Ivan hates MX2k4)

Im with you on that! 100%

All right, I’ll try and do something now, then :slight_smile:

Very nice Ilyas!

Slight change to the createWell function though [AS]bcp.createWell = function (wellNumber)
{
var well = this.timeline.attachmovie(“well”, “well”+wellNumber, wellNumber) ;
well._x = (this.wellPosition[wellNumber].x)+50 ;
well._y = (this.wellPosition[wellNumber].y)+50 ;
// Number of seeds in the well
well.numSeeds = 4 ;
// The first 6 wells belong to Player1, the other 6 to Player2
if (wellNumber < 6) well.owner = “Player1” ;
else well.owner = “Player2” ;
// Add the seeds
for ( var i=0 ; i<well.numSeeds ; i++ ) this.addPiece(well, i);
}[/AS]

The way you originally had it, it started on the _x and _y at 0, which cuts off half of the wells created at that position (if you view in the standalone) so I just added a bit of space in there.