Beware Web pirates arrgghh!

my jaw just fell down on watching the pirated ones…gosh, no liberty, creativity, *** sue them, man its disgusting…not a frame edited.

even if the host takes down the site, the people have no respect for your work, cant design a site for themselves, and will probably just get a new host. So my advice would be to take legal action, or take a flight to malaysia. :slight_smile:

those dirty bass terds

i would hire a uber hacker to take them out lol, that would be awesome;)

lol, hehe :smiley:

did you guys get any response to your letters?

don’t let he/she/them get away with something like that!

Those weenies.

Nope, no replies to any email whatsoever.

Man, that’s annoying.

The trouble with them being in Malysia is that you’ll have to sue over there if that’s going to be the end of it. And Malaysian - not US - copyright law will apply. It may even be legal to copy a website in Malaysia. But I hope you can get their host to shut it down.

Btw., ‘pisang’ means banana in malay as far as I know. Anyone know that terrible green drink called ‘Pisang Ambon’? That’s made from bananas.

The above should be taken with a grain of salt. I’m not a lawyer. I just play one on TV.

joining this thread late but that is amazing, they’ve completly copied the site…I’m shocked that anyone would do that. I’m shocked anyone would want to do that. Geez.

I wouldn’t count on malaysian law to help fix this one, seems a bit of a lost cause.
How about sending them a virus…or is that to childish :wink:

just looking at the pirates site and I just realised that they’re saying they’re clients include Macromedia and Phillips but obviously they ain’t

Isn’t there someway to incure the wrath of your clients on to these b******s :h:

If you don’t want to pester your clients with this, how about getting a friend to send an anonymous mail to them.

Is there anything they changed at all? If its a straight .swf without any changes, obviously every email sent to him will be sent to the owner, pixi…

“Btw., ‘pisang’ means banana in malay as far as I know. Anyone know that terrible green drink called ‘Pisang Ambon’? That’s made from bananas.

AH! :stuck_out_tongue:

I never knew it was made from bananas, it tases like… well… u know :slight_smile:

great in drinks, but on it’s own… yucko! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In this case its quite obvious because they didn’t bother changing any of the content…but in the event that you find that someone has ripped your design, how do you go about proving you had the design first. Sure its easy to send them a cease-and-desist letter with legal action being threatened, but whats to stop someone from saying it was originally there design and you ripped them? How do you prove it was yours before theres?

why would you tell somebody that you ripped that they ripped you? I don’t think anybody’s that stupid…

Hit The Sue Button!

Hi Guys, I think we will definately NOT get our clients involved! - We have since I posted this thread, received very good advice from some members and have passed this onto some hardcore web-legal guys to deal with.

To answer your question Maizoon, we have all the original time stamped ( vss) source and dev files to prove it, not to mention long standing relationships with our clients, and we can produce source for all our work listed on the site. so No prob there.

Thanks to all for your advice - If the legal team cant handle it, we will be bringing out the digital baseball bats. Ciao Pixi.

aargh matey, the most blatant rip of booty I have seen in a while

Johnny Depp would be proud

Olde Jack Sparrow would be proud…

yeah probably best not to hassle your clients with your problems.

Good luck anyway :thumb:

i’m thinking about writing short “how-to-protect-my-swf/site-from-ripping” tutorial…

any1 with their experience - pm me your methods :wink:

Hi guys thanks for all your help and support ! The pisangmas pirates site is down ! A big shout out to Voetsjoeba who managed to shake a digital fist at them and get them to take the site down. Them be made to walk the plank arrrghhh :pirate3:

Voets we love you. Pixi and the Max Definition team…