Blue Rain Wallpaper

Hi,

This is my first attempt at making a simple desktop background. I recently discovered this function on my digital camera which allows you to take pictures from really up close, so I started snapping shots troughout the house. It happened to rain that day, so I took this picture, then modified it (lighting effects, turned it blue, etc…) to get this wallpaper.

It’s very simple though, so feel free to tell me if it’s not good or needs adjustment :slight_smile:

Cheers and an early happy X-mas :?)

Blue Rain Wallpaper

Looks very nice, what’s the picture of?

Thanks bud.
And they’re just normal raindrops on my window, in close-up :smiley:

Just the plain old window of your house? Or your car window?

Lol, yeah, I WISH I’d already be allowed to drive :smiley:
Just my plain old house windows, right here, next to my computer :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, I love the title “Rain - Created by Jothi Design”

You got a really tall room capable of forming clouds then? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

my new wallpaper, looks good in my monitor!!:slight_smile:

I like everything except for the lens flare. the picture itself is good, and the "RAIN created… " looks good, but I just don’t dig that lens flare, I think it would look better without it.

not to bad, i thought you had made it at first. then i thought it was the hood of a car. good job.

lose the lens flare!!!

nice otherwise (although i’m not too keen on having text on a wall paper…)

Mooi El Thierro ! Ik denk dat ik deze wallpaper ga gebruiken :wink: Mooie regen trouwens. Tja, wat wil je anders in een land als België :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**lol, I love the title “Rain - Created by Jothi Design”

You got a really tall room capable of forming clouds then? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: **

lol, yeah I do :} Comes in quite handy sometimes :wink:

*Originally posted by berkoWitZ *
**my new wallpaper, looks good in my monitor!!:slight_smile: **

Hey, thanks bud, you’re probably the first one who used it :thumb:

*Originally posted by APDesign *
**I like everything except for the lens flare. the picture itself is good, and the "RAIN created… " looks good, but I just don’t dig that lens flare, I think it would look better without it. **

And to all the others who think the lens flare should go: I appreciate your comments, but it seems that I have saved the .psd with the background already in one layer, and only the text in other layers. So to get rid of the lens flare, I’d basically have to remake the whole thing… not that that’s too much work, but I’m just busy with other stuff right now :crazy: Maybe I’ll do it later…

*Originally posted by Voetsjoeba *
**Mooi El Thierro ! Ik denk dat ik deze wallpaper ga gebruiken :wink: Mooie regen trouwens. Tja, wat wil je anders in een land als België :stuck_out_tongue: **

Hehe, bedankt Voetsjoeba! Jah idd, in ons land is er regen genoeg… Laat er ons dan maar iets moois van (trachten) te maken :smiley:

[color=orangered][size=3]:: Tip of the day ::[/size][/color]

When applying lens flares. create a new layer, fill in black, make layer blend mode screen and apply lens flare filter on this layer. This way the black is transparent and the lens flare can be moved around :wink:

Oh and btw , nice photo / wallpaper.

I like the water drop shot…’

[color=silver]cough… my sig … cough[/color]

:wink:

Good call on the lens flare Soulty, I always wonder the “correct” way to do that.

I like the shot itself, but I can’t quite put my finger on what it is
about the text that doesn’t grab me. Maybe the beveling…hmm.

The coloring on the shot itself is hi-quality…very serene and
soothing. I think it makes the whole thing work actually.