Button problems

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question I’m sure will be easy to answer…I believe in you all!!

I’m creating a web site, where the buttons are buttons within movieclips. This allows me to make the movieclips/button move around slightly so to look like they are hovering and when your mouse hover over the movieclip/button it stops hovering and remains still and continues after you roll out.

Thats all well and good but I’m having problems when it comes to making the buttons work.

I’ll explain what i’m trying to create:

When you hover, the button it stops moving, you click it and this makes a movieclip play (a box creating itself from lines etc holding information)
I can’t seem to get the button to play the movie clip held on the main time line…what am I doing wrong?

cheers
Paul

nobody can solve yur problem if you do not give us the actions for your buttons
(or you can give the .fla but if there are not many actions then actions is better :))

o.k,

I created a button then made it into a movieclip so the button is inside the movieclip.
The movieclip hovers around and stops in its place and
carries on after you rollout…
I doubled clicked the movieclip and assigned the button with the action:

on (press) {
gotoAndPlay(30);
}
on (rollOver) {
stop();
}
on (rollOut) {
play();
}

This movieclip sits on the main timeline I have a stop action at frame 29 and on frame 30 I have a seperate movie clip which is what I want to go to when the button is pressed,
but nothing happens.

what do yo think?

if the movie clip is on the same timeline with the button, you simply call out to the movie clips “instance” name. (that is the name you place in the instance panel, not the library identifier) assuming that the name of the movie clip is theNameOfTheMC…

on (press) {
theNameOfTheMC.gotoAndPlay(30);
}
on (rollOver) {
theNameOfTheMC.stop();
}
on (rollOut) {
theNameOfTheMC.play();
}