Can I have more than one link in a Flash 5 movie?

Cause as I said in my other post, I am trying to make lines of text fade in and then I want to have three lines of text each having a different effect and each line of text having a link to it. I have tried typing the first line of text, converting it to a symbol, applying the effect via a Motion Tween and then on separate layer, I would draw an invisible button (i.e. drawing a rectangle with the same background color as my movie) around the line of text I just typed, then converted it to a button symbol and applying the getURL function when I select the button and go Window, Actions…

However, when I do the same for the second line of text the link won’t work. If I position my mouse precisely over a certain point (a very small point I might add) then the mouse pointer changes to a hand. But it is supposed to be over the whole line of text like the first one does. It is so confusing and I don’t get why I get such a small area for the link for the second line. I draw the rectangle completely over it. :frowning:

I hope I made some sense.

Btw, does it matter what I convert the line of text to (i.e. graphic or movie clip)?

it sounds like you need to define a hit state…

if you want an invisible button, then you don’t need anything on the up, over, and down state, just the hit state…

hope this helps…

Rev

That doesn’t explain, though, why the link in the original message and then the link in the first line of text below it work but the remaining two do not. However, I will try your suggestion tomorrow. Just to clear it up, do I put the action in the Hit state or what?

Thanks for your help so far…:slight_smile:

your action would go on the button on the main stage, not in the frames of the button…

and no, graphic or movieclip will work…

the point that your mouse changes is determined by what you have in the hit state…if you have nothing there, it will just use the text you have in the up state as a hit field. I’ll bet the 2nd two buttons don’t have anything in the hit state…

Just because I’ve done it hundreds of times myself:P

Rev:)

By defining something in the Hit state, do you mean to put a keyframe in that frame? Cause that is what I did for the first and second link and the second one still didn’t work. Also, I did define the URL for the actual button and not the frame itself.

Sigh…Sorry if I sound like a dunce.

yes, but make sure that you have a rectangle in that frame…not text.

If you want, attach the .fla, and I will debug…

don’t worry about how you sound, we all feel a bit slow when we can’t figure it out…

rev

Sure, here it is. Thanks :slight_smile:

okay,
1st, the 2nd button had a hit state, but it was only an outline, so I put in a fill…

2nd, the 3rd button only had an up state, so I moved it to the hit state…

hope this helps,

Rev:elderly:

sigh…Thanks, man. You’re the best…:cowboy:

no problem, its what the forum is for=)

glad to see I helped.

Rev:elderly:

As for the little Flash footer at the bottom of every one of your messages must be pretty advanced stuff…:slight_smile:

Btw, I now want to add sound to another of my Flash animations but the last time I tried that it sounded like it was overlapping and it sounded really weird.