Cell shading

hey guys

i have several questions.

First is it possible to produce a nice cell shading effect for models in swift? These models were imported from 3ds max. It should include a nice outline and cell shade in vector.

Is it possible to import a 3dmax model with the textures saved? So if i finish a model and texture it in 3ds max…can i have it imported into swift with the textures too?

And last but not least is it possible to do a better cell shading with outline in 3ds max that in swift3d? And if yes how can i import that into swift3d later so that i can make it into vector for flash?

thanks a lot

otacon

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17205

Try that thread, itshould answer some of your questions. As for an outline, when you are choosing the properties on the left hand side of the screen, you may be able to achieve the effect you want by clicking on the egdes option.

Is it possible to import a 3dmax model with the textures saved? So if i finish a model and texture it in 3ds max…can i have it imported into swift with the textures too?
Yes it is (in v4, im not sure about v3…) You can import it with the bitmap textures saved.

Here is a list of all the features in v4, and a link to a comparison chart between v3 and v4:

Features

Comparison

And last but not least is it possible to do a better cell shading with outline in 3ds max that in swift3d? And if yes how can i import that into swift3d later so that i can make it into vector for flash?

I don’t know, i’ve never used 3DSM before :slight_smile:

Hope that helps :thumb:

Ya. It did answer some.

That 3ds max would be the last one… :frowning:

Well, I am trying to d/l the trial version of it, but it keeps stopping at 99%… :{