Character Concept: Scarecrow

I think sharif already has maya :wink:

Yea I do have the latest maya. Burnt my fathers wallet forever though :P. So Iā€™m stuck doing chores for 2 months :sure: - also because of all the other stuff he got me.

But I just canā€™t grasp the rendering in Maya. I donā€™t know how to create realistic renders. The main problem isā€¦I dont know how to render so the shapes/images come out smooth and not with jaggedy edges!

Mr. French Fries and Noodles is such a crunchy name :P. I like it :).

/// sharif, hit the mesh smooth button (adds pollys to make your model smoother) , and when rendering, make sure your render quality is on high (turn your antialiasing up too). With lights turn up the damp filter size to 5, without it big objects have shadows that look like a saw blade :).

Oh and turn on raytracing, sometimes it make it come out better but not always :slight_smile:

Cheers!
3dnirvana

I learned LOTS about rendering and modelling mostly from MAX6ā€¦so I will later give Maya a try. Thanks for the help though.

And you know exactly what Iā€™m talking about - the objects look so nasty and have edges that are sick and the shadows come out like crap.

If you could come on AIM it would really help me get the basics of Maya - tutorials are just not good enough.

Donā€™t I need to use mental ray for realistic stuff? Anyways thanks again.

I wish! :frowning: I think IĀ“ll download the trial of maya, where can I find it???

berk- click here and fill out the download form

Cheers!
3dnirvana

cool! thanks! :thumb:

downloading it :smiley:

Now I need to start learning :wink:

Yea Maya is complicated - I just talked to 3DN and I had trouble rendering a smooth shaded w/shadows cube :P.

lol, I think swift 3D its the perfect software for us :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol yea - My swift 3D render came out better than the Maya one I just did.

Iā€™m not kidding. Remember the little syringe/tower type model I made for the lathe tutorial? It turned out 1000 times better than what I tried to do in Maya :P.

oh yea, the dentist tool :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey! It was NOT a dentist tool!

It was a beautiful tower. Now stop picking on my model :P.

okā€¦ not a big change to itā€¦ yetā€¦ but I changed the font! :slight_smile:

///this thread went off topic extreamly quick :slight_smile:

I think the old font mixed in better. This one just seems sort of small and it looks like itā€™s hiding a little.