Chromeless windows in netscape

hello
i have finally figured out how to launch a chromeless flash document out of an html window but it does not work in netscape 6. does anyone have any tips?

I am using this tutorial

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/borderless.asp

THe hell with netscape. A lot of great things dont work in it. Just dont use it.

Tip: don’t use the chromeless pop-up.

Wally: true, a lot of things don’t work in Netscape… a lot of needless widgets and gadgets that produce headaches anyway.

I sense that you’re praising Netscape! just the thought of it made me do this. Take that!

Click the link!

http://members.directvinternet.com/wzelhofer/kirupa/PIXEL.jpg

That’s really mature Wally, thanks. So my disagreement moved you to personally attack me, vandalize my artwork, and disrespect the dead all at once? It sounds like you care about Netscape’s existence a great deal.

I’m not praising Netscape… rather I’m encouraging cross-browser functionality.

You mess with ren girl and you mess with flash masta dan :evil:

Us mods gots each others backs! No harsh feeling wally…but I think you went a tad bit too far in a response!

i hope it was worth it wally…consider yourself banned from the forum. it may seem difficult to understand but others have feelings here and you just hurt not only someone on the board…but an artist no the board…a valuable member and awesome artist…who happens to be someone i admire. good job and bye bye.

wally - you might be confused at this point, let me enlighten you. You might think that I would find your actions amusing - and you might be amused with yourself. You may not realize what you are doing, and I’m not fully aware of your age at this point, and most obviously, it’s hard to determine whether people are joking or serious over the net. I’m pissed because:

a) you ripped off a piece of artwork on my site and used it as ammunition against me. This has nothing to do with the original argument of the validity of Netscape, joke or not. I never posted this piece anywhere on this forum to be displayed, criticized or examined, broken apart and basically raped by the likes of you.

b) you may not know much about this piece but this was a dedication to Aaliyah and I created it shortly after her death. I admire her and she has inspired me for a long time. I feel like you are totally disrespecting her.

c) your photoshop job still includes my name, sig, and URL. You are associating your negative actions with my name and you are thus dirtying it. It is available on the web and anyone can see it and you posted it on a popular Flash forum.

All this because I disagree that people should ignore Netscape’s shortcomings! You are free to argue against me in my viewpoint of Netscape, since it is the topic at hand, but I think it’s obvious that your reply is completely unrelated to Netscape.

I know it is possible you may not be aware of the above. I am replying so you know and could possibly learn a thing or two about manners. If you did know exactly what you were doing - well that’s just plain mean. I could have easily deleted your reply, as I am a mod - but I really want to give you a chance to explain yourself and correct your own mistakes.

Edwin - thanks for consoling me about this via AIM and supporting me.

Dan - thanks for backing me up. I’ve got your back too.

ok… you people are nuts. It was a joke and obviously u people have no humor or sense of reality. Sorry about that though, didn’t mean for you to take it seriously, but banning me from this forum isn’t taking it a bit too far. I’m not poking fun at the dead, didn’t even know she was dead, I’m not a big fan, sorry. And what if I hated her? I dont have the right to say what I please or do what I want? But you know what, go for it, ban me and prove how mature and powerfull you all are and I’ll never come back.

But while I’m on the subject, here’s a little tip to ren. And this is what made me do it in the first place, the no right click script. You shouldn’t worry about people stealing your artwork but if you’re really serious about protecting them, I suggest that you set it as a background image so that it cannot be stolen with no popup message. I also created my own version, with no popup or anything and if you’re interested, I’ll let you use the script. That’s what I did when I was stuck up on my artwork. In the end, you’ll realize that there is no point because your site is copyrighted isn’t it? Or apparantly…

It was interesting to see how you people reacted but I think it’s time to get a grip on reality. I’m sorry for anyone I offended with my stupid joke if it managed to do so.

oh and by the way, I took it down already if you hadn’t noticed. I almost forgot, just to tell you about wagets and gagets, or whatever you want to call them… I STOLE YOUR IMAGE WITH NETSCAPE! Just to show you how your nifty little gaget script doesn’t work on netscape. But no, dont take the time in thinking about that, I’m pure evil, immature, and I deserve to be shot.

ok… you people are nuts. It was a joke and obviously u people have no humor or sense of reality.

It is obvious you don’t know what a joke is. It is also very clear you have no manners or consideration of others hard work and feelings. This is a joke? Where’s the funny part. I didn’t even laugh in my head. Where’s the clever, witty part where we’re supposed to laugh?

You got angry because I made some steps to protect my artwork? Sorry, but this is a really weak argument against Netscape… to punish me because Netscape didn’t “work” for me this time? Is this in hopes that I will support banishment of Netscape? Nope, sorry - I still like the Netscape exists. I like having various browsers to choose from.

In any case, I’m perfectly aware that the image could be stolen in many ways, no matter what tricks you have up your sleeve. I think it’s comical that you want to school me in the fine art of manipulating people’s browsers and protecting my artwork. You are clearly not an artist, based on your actions and failure to understand the concept or hard work. I only hoped to discourage certain people from stealing it… which clearly would have worked if you sticked to your default browser.

"It is obvious you don’t know what a joke is. It is also very clear you have no manners or consideration of others hard work and feelings. This is a joke? Where’s the funny part. I didn’t even laugh in my head. Where’s the clever, witty part where we’re supposed to laugh? "

I have absolutely nothing to say to this. Think over the situation before you open your mouth or type a response I should say. There’s always more than one way to view a situation, apparantly but not “clearly”, you dont know this.

"You got angry because I made some steps to protect my artwork? Sorry, but this is a really weak argument against Netscape… to punish me because Netscape didn’t “work” for me this time? Is this in hopes that I will support banishment of Netscape? Nope, sorry - I still like the Netscape exists. I like having various browsers to choose from. "

I didn’t get angry, I just showed you something. You assuming that I did tells me that it did hurt you and that bothers me that you can’t look through something as simple as that. If you call that punishment I have once again nothing further to say. I proved my point and that’s all that matters to me. If you get pissed off that easily, you wont get very far. Stop acting like I killed someone.

“In any case, I’m perfectly aware that the image could be stolen in many ways, no matter what tricks you have up your sleeve. I think it’s comical that you want to school me in the fine art of manipulating people’s browsers and protecting my artwork. You are clearly not an artist, based on your actions and failure to understand the concept or hard work. I only hoped to discourage certain people from stealing it… which clearly would have worked if you sticked to your default browser.”

Clearly I’m not an artist? Just how clear is that? Are you saying that I dont work hard and that I diss others as you have dissed me? Do I really want to school you at anything and have I? Or are these just your assumptions of someone you hardly even know. I guess my sorry wasn’t enough now was it, now you have to refer to name calling, how intelligent.

Actually, I realized that my last post would just piss you off even more so scratch that. I like this site and I dont want you banning me and I dont want your anger. I dont know how I got into this but I dont like it. All of a sudden I’m singeled out and insulted all for a stupid gag I appologized for. I removed the image already and I’m sorry, again.

If you still want the script, I’ll let you have it just because I dont wnat hard feelings and no I’m not insulting your intelligence by offering you my code. I like your artwork and I think it definitely took effort and time. However I dont appreciate you dissing me and would like you to stop. I didn’t diss you.

And Netscape does suck and I’m not changing my mind about it.

Apology? Well your apology must be totally buried with the insults of calling us nuts and humorless. It sounded like you were sorry that your “joke” wasn’t welcomed with open arms… not sorry that you didn’t consider or realize that vandalizing someone’s artwork might not be a good idea. Is this what you call an apology or is this what you call a “joke?”

And this is what made me do it in the first place, the no right click script.

In the first place? So it was NOT the Netscape debate that inspired you to tamper with my artwork “in the first place?” My no-right-click script must have incited something in you if you have to go out of your way and use that “horrible” Netscape. That really contradicts with your claims of wanting to “just show [me] something.”

Think over the situation before you open your mouth or type a response I should say.

Why don’t you take your own advice? It doesn’t sound like you thought about anything nor does it sound like you are even reading anything I post here or on my site. Did you consider that I spent a great deal of time working on that piece? Did you consider what that piece means to me? Did you consider that this has absolutely no function in any way as an argument against Netscape, even with your late, half-baked “Netscaped failed you” commentary?

Clearly I’m not an artist? Just how clear is that?

I’m under the impression that you are not an artist because you see nothing wrong with destroying my name and hard work in 5 or so minutes flat. You also seem to be shocked that I’m taking this seriously. I invested a good chunk of my time and on it - I will take it seriously. You preserved my name, site address on your photoshop job. Yes, I will get upset if my name is attached to a photo of a tarnished girl with bruises.

I dont appreciate you dissing me and would like you to stop. I didn’t diss you.

Did you even read my post? I listed the ways you dissed me. Do I really have to post it again? So is “defending myself and my art” what you call “dissing?”

Sorry wally, defaming someone on the boards is grounds for being banned. I banned your IP and restricted your access to the forums.

Why thank you kirupa. Did you get my e-mail? I sent it a while ago but now that I read your post to find that you are the one that banned me I dont see a point to comming here anymore. I didn’t defame anyone. Sorry that you didn’t find my stupid gag funny but I removed it! And only 4 people clicked the link and I already said I was sorry. Needless to say, I’m shocked at what happened here.

Ren, Did YOU read my last post or just mindlessly ignore it? Show me how I dissed you, I’d like you to “quote” me on that cuz I just dont see it.

One more thing to Kirupa. Thanks for all your help in all my troubles, it was fun while it lasted. What pisses me off most is that now I dont even have a chance at the SOTW award, something that I’ve worked for for 3 monthes, make that 4 now. This is great.