Computer Science Teacher's Ways

Hey,

I wanted to share what annoys me most about how my computer science (we’re learning java) teacher teaches.

[list]
[*]When writing html, it’s all invalid crap. Like this:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
    <TITLE>Java Applet Example</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
    <B><FONT size=7>Making a Snowman</FONT></B>
    <CENTER>
        <applet stuff…>
        <P>Notice that his is the applet we compiled in JCreator. It's pretty, isn't it?
    </CENTER>
</BODY>
</HTML>

[*]When teaching about saving data, he explains that we would be using sql, but since our lab is setup poorly, all we’re able to use is Access, so we might as well simply use flat files.

I can setup an MySQL account for him! He doesn’t seem to realize that although I’ve made a 100 on nearly every test, I have a real host that everybody can connect to. He should’ve simply asked :wink:

[size=1]I think I may setup an account for the class anyways, though. I’ll show it to him tomorrow.[/size]

[*]On the rare occasion I do ask a question (like, why use write.newLine(); rather than printing a newline character…) he goes on and on, rather than stopping after the first sentence when I say I understand.

This seems to be a problem with all teachers. I know it after they say it! They don’t have to keep saying the same thing over and over again.
[/list]

So, what do your computer science teachers do? :stuck_out_tongue: