Dave Werner - www.okaydave.com

Frog are indeed a top company so congratulations. I only know of them for their product work, but if they are half as strong in digital then thats fantastic. If Im out in NY this July, that is one place I would love to stop by.

Beautiful and professional, yet I think the music makes it a bit too pompous… but maybe that’s because I am not American :).

It’s a good site and he has a lot of talent, but most of the After Effects he is using are in fact presets using the trapcode particular plugin.

So your comparison of movies is quite different than a 2 second effect.

Granted he has to use the plugin in a neat way, which he did for the most part. There are some things I would change, but if the site got him a job, then enough has been said.

:slight_smile:

The planning/marketing/concept was amazing. There wasn’t anything about the design or the use of Flash that “wowed” me. Doesn’t look like much actionscript was involved as well.

Also dave said he worked on this for 2 years. 2 years is a long time which you would need to create something like this, no doubt.

I also agree with PR about the aftereffects.

Now with that said I am not taking anything away from Dave, I’m sure he worked super hard on this. But the fact is there are tons of portfolio’s that are much more technically envolved with jobless creators, Dave just has a much better marketing scheme :slight_smile:

Good job Dave!

Wow, have any of you guys rolled over his logos? It explains what he did and why he did it! :angel:

actually the star of david has 6 sides and has nothing to do with a [URL=“http://altreligion.about.com/library/weekly/aa100102a.htm”]pentagram

i didn’t see the promo in the beginning of this thread but i did see the website and it’s absolutely terrific.

where does it say that a great website needs to use actionscript?

@dave’s use of plugins - anyone that makes comments about his use of plugins had BETTER NEVER EVER use plugins themselves.

That’s a ridiculous statement. There’s good (appropriate, innovative) use of plugins, and perhaps not so good use of plugins.

I’d tend to agree - the great thing about the site is not so much the design, and not so much the technical skills (things of which are fine to scrutinise, it’s kinda the whole idea of the kool sites section…) - but the innovation of how he is presenting and reasoning his concepts. He’s a great thinker and creative, but like the others, I don’t think the site is an outstanding display of design or visual stimulation, by any means, and I think more agree but won’t join in. But it is bombastic as far as sites go, and pretty eye catching, either way ;).

The site is, more than anything, just the product of a hell of a lot of hard work.

Good on him for securing a place at frog.

Nowhere I’m just pointing out that the Flash didn’t amaze me, did it amaze you? If so maybe you should get around the net more.

And no I haven’t used those plug ins before.

It seems you’re taking negative comments personally, no one is bashing the site bra :thumb2:

Very nice site, lotsa detail info…bookmark!

Great site, well done dave.
The page turning is really good, especially the shadows on it. I can’t wait to see Cadence of seasons, good luck in your career