Earliest video games you played?

I’m very interested in this but I have to say… I have no idea.

I’ll see if I can find a ceremonial shaman on offerUp or the local 24 hour diner to rattle my brain to the point of…

Oh wait ill just ask my brother

Tennis, Hockey and Smash - shown here on a Odyssey 200 - all very distinct. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

When the Atari 2600 arrived, I thought that must be the pinnacle of graphics never to be matched. The future had clearly arrived and would never be improved.

Fast forward a few years …

say-what

Now the Atari VCS ( after only a few (cough*) more delays ) is coming full circle and beyond. My child self through the leap from the Odyssey 300 to the Atari 2600 was as good as it would ever get.

:space_invader: :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve been on the vcs mailing list since the beginning. I haven’t pre-ordered, but I am really curious about what they’re up to. I’m finding it difficult to see how they think they’ll find a place in the market.

Especially difficult if they never get to market. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Haha late to this, but wow that’s nastalgic. Loved all 3 of those Kirupa.
Also ‘Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe’ another great DOS game with the Joystick.

1 Like

Ah yes, the NES memories. Excitebike and Technobowl as well.

Welcome to the forums, @kevingilpin!

In that same genre, did you ever play Gunship 2000?

1 Like

Haha of course, and “Prince of Persia”

And thanks for the welcome! Been a long time site visitor, but finally decided to join the forums, so thank you for all of the resources. Discovered you via purchasing your React book at a Barnes and Noble a long time ago, by far the easiest & best coding read, so kudos on the detailed and humorous writing style.

1 Like

I was nine years old. Space Invaders-1978 or 1979.
si
Within a year or two a whole bunch of arcade games showed up. Missile Command was one of my favorites.
mc

Missile Command! That brings back a few other games from that era that I played a bit too much haha.

Paratrooper

Test Drive

Freakin’ Fuzzy Fuzzballs

There is a ton more I can start listing, but I’ll pace myself :truck:

1 Like

For me it would be Heroes of Might and Magic 2 (1996) and Age Of Empires (1997) both amazing games

Scorched Earth!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Reminds me of Gorillas :monkey_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I played Mortal Combat and it is still my favorite game :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome, @tomplatz :partying_face:

Do you like the new Mortal Kombats?

Hi kirupa! Yep, I like playing it. Of course, nowadays we have lots of new different games but I still play Mortal Combat. What is your favorite character in MC?

Rayden! Always Rayden :cloud_with_lightning:

Sky Fox Commodore 64 1989 - first game I got hooked on!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=skyfox+game+spectrum++1984&&view=detail&mid=BCC1B1C4E043323EC526BCC1B1C4E043323EC526&&FORM=VRDGAR

Is there any exhibition related to these games?