Export Movie Problem

Alright, here’s the deal:

I’m trying to export an old fla into an avi, the problem is after it’s done exporting, none of of my actionscripting works (“setInterval” for example). Is there any way around this, or should I just bite the bullet and redo everything in a video editing program?

If I read this right…

AVIs don’t support ActionScript. Exporting to AVI creates a series of frames, not anything even remotely dynamic. Therefore, you cannot have setInterval – or any AS for that matter – in an AVI.

Another interpretation of what you wrote…

Your ActionScript doesn’t work after exporting an AVI? Meaning that in your FLA itself, when you try to export/test the movie (compile the SWF) Flash stops parsing the ActionScript correctly?

Yet another…
What are you talking about? :wink:

AVIs don’t support ActionScript. Exporting to AVI creates a series of frames, not anything even remotely dynamic. Therefore, you cannot have setInterval – or any AS for that matter – in an AVI.

Yeah, that. Like I said, is there any way around it?

It would depend on what you’re going to do with your AVI…

upload it to a server and let the many internet denziens watch it.

nothing spectacular or amazing.

EDIT: You know what, nevermind, I’ll just put the **** thing back together in premier. no biggie.

If you’re publishing for the web why not retain the SWF format?

if the problem is that you have programmatic motions and animation in your file that isn’t being exported in the AVI, then I would suggest using a program like camtasia or something to capture a video of screen captures in order to get the animation into a video editing program. You may need to do some cropping though.

If you’re publishing for the web why not retain the SWF format?

Too large. It was originally a part of a presentation file. Lots of 3D animation and sound, with a video file I can cut down on size.

That and Mr. Boss Man doesn’t want a swf file.

Thanks anyways, but I have it all figured out and done now. So, like I said, no biggie.