First Pass at Interactive Portfolio - Help!

Well first off I’d like to introduce myself since this is my first post on this forum. My name is Steve and am fairly new to flash. I look forward to learning a lot from these forums. I am not sure if this forum is where the thread belongs, so if any moderators think that is should be somewhere else, feel free to move it.

I have started to develop a flash portfolio before I go on to look for another design job (in the print world). Well my interactive portfolio is a big mess. The site should be really simple to navigate and look at. The portfolio has only 5 scenes, intro, school work, professional work, resume, and contact. I’ve tried using some tutorials to enhance the site a bit. But now my buttons and scripting are a problem that I don’t know how to fix. The buttons are short movie clips that animate when you rollover and click, after they animate once the button seems to become inactive. I can’t even seeem to get past the opening “start” page. The scenes that the buttons are supposed to lead you to are simple portfolio samples in which you should be able to click the “next button” to go further down the timeline.

So at this point I am so stuck, and don’t know where to go from here. If anyone could help me out on some scripting advice, it would so helpful and VERY MUCH appreciated.

My Flash Portfolio File

My SWF Portfolio File

One more thing I haven’t gotten to was having the user being able to download a pdf through the button on the resume page. It seems so simple and I have searched but havent found anything on the subject.
My Resume PDF

Thank you all in advance,

-Steve Kuznicke