First vector art thing

…I know we hear ‘my first…’ all the time…well this is my first vector art picture.

I used Illustrator and Photoshop.

As its my first if there are any pros out there who could tell me what needs improving etc?

Oh yeah ‘pulsated.com’ on the banner is going to be my domain, its not ye active though…so…

thanks people.

can someone move this to showcase and critques please?

Sorry

Nice man.

I know hands are hard but his hitching hand looks a little odd. Also I think if you can do some more shading it might make it pop more. There are some great vector artists here so hopefully one can point you in the right shading direction.

Again, nice work.

I mostly like the idea. It’s something I hadn’t really seen emulated in vector, I think it’s cool
Agreed on the hitching hand, and the shading. His feet sort of seem to be… not connected in the shoes but connected on them, if you get me. I like the expression, gives it a good feel.

thanks ethan and radio, the hardest part was the shadows. I don’t think I’ll be exacting any changes to the pic but I really apreciate your comments. I see where you going with the feet thing too, I’ll make sure the next one I do will not have this problem.

Cheers people.

Hey,
I’ve been working with vector images since december, if you want an anatomicly ‘correct’ image it helps to have something to trace. I tend to use photos from my digicam or scans of my drawings. Once you get the shape and proportion right, then you can fill it with colour and shade. Theres alot of different variations on vector images, from the hand-made look to sharp deffined lines. So it helps to look at other peoples work and see what sort of style your after.

If you have trouble with a certain part, say the hand, try to find a picture of a hand or even a picture with a similar pose.