Flash animation

it is! he is one of us har har

We must assimilate him :cyborg: :block:

*Originally posted by lostinbeta *
**We must assimilate him :cyborg: :block: **

we should get him for Kirupa Interviews me thinks

Good one Edwin.

1. I love the tracer effect he showed me!

2. i love that effect of shadowing/blurring objects by having lower alpha % copies of the clip following it

-I seem to be missing a lot! Could someone throw me some links?

*Originally posted by morse *
**1) I love the tracer effect he showed me!

1. i love that effect of shadowing/blurring objects by having lower alpha % copies of the clip following it

-I seem to be missing a lot! Could someone throw me some links? **

u mean for animating? there aren’t many. just keep doing it untill it makes sense.

what is the AS for the tracer effect? is it somewhere on the boards already??

oh man… that gmunk site rocks!

man, I think I’m going to take a weekend off from doing work and try to recreate some of those animations… it’s going to be interesting to learn how they’re done.

*Originally posted by Majeye *
**what is the AS for the tracer effect? is it somewhere on the boards already?? **

I didnt use any AS for the movement or effects. Only to play the movie backwards. the rest is 100% tweens. THere is code for tracer its pretty simple.

i know there is code for tracer, and i am looking for it…

AS code for playing a movie backwards wouldn’t hurt. Forum search here i come!!

*Originally posted by vts31 *
**I didnt use any AS for the movement or effects. Only to play the movie backwards. the rest is 100% tweens. THere is code for tracer its pretty simple. **

haha… I hadn’t thought about using AS to play something backwards… shows how much I know…

THere is code for tracer its pretty simple

yeah its probably pretty simple to you, pom, senocular, and lost in beta, but the rest of us are clueless…

i found this, but im not sure if its partial code, or if it needs to placed in a certain area of the timeline… i am in need of assistance! :sigh:

[AS]

mc.onEnterFrame=function(){
this._alpha-=10;
if (this._alpha <=0) this.removeMovieClip();
}

[/AS]

bumpity bump bump

aids in the bumping because he is curious

Create a clip on the stage with the instance name “ball” (no quotes)…

Apply this to a frame
[AS]_root.ball._visible = false;
MovieClip.prototype.ranMove = function() {
this._x += (this.newX-this._x)/this.speed;
this._y += (this.newY-this._y)/this.speed;
if (Math.round(this._y) == Math.round(this.newY) && Math.round(this._x) == Math.round(this.newX)) {
this.newX = Math.floor(Math.random()Stage.width);
this.newY = Math.floor(Math.random()Stage.height);
this.speed = 3;
}
};
_root.ball.onEnterFrame = ranMove;
for (i=1; i<11; i++) {
_root.ball.duplicateMovieClip(“ball”+i, 10-i);
myBall = _root[“ball”+i];
myBall.speed = _root.ball.speed+(i
.4);
myBall._alpha = _root.ball._alpha-(i
10);
myBall.onEnterFrame = function() {
this.endX = _root.ball.newX;
this.endY = _root.ball.newY;
this._x += (this.endX-this._x)/this.speed;
this._y += (this.endY-this._y)/this.speed;
};
}[/AS]

This was real quick, so don’t expect much.

okay. i guess thats a step in the right direction, and was awful easy to cut and paste, but did you purposely make the effect complicated? I think what people (me included) really want to know is how to apply that kind of effect to an existing motion tween, without the random movement… (Yo, shane, Ignore this post if i am bothering you. Im sure

Would an AS technique use more system resources than doing it with multiple layers of the motion tween, each offset, and at a different Alpha? Cuz i can achieve that, i just wanted to do it quickly with AS…

I don’t believe you can use AS to manipulate a motion tween other than play direction.

The entire tween itself would have to be scripted, the the rest is just duplicateMovieClip decreasing the alpha of each clip and also decreasing the speed it moves at.

alright thanks LIB… Ill just hafta animate in frames, which i am accustomed to doing… sorry for being so demanding…

VTS31, that kicks major a.s.s. you are skilled…

its fast if you do it with frames.