Flash Footer Code Needs Changed

I just want to let you guys know on the Flash Footer Code, the height and width is reversed.

If you know what you are doing its not a problem…but that is the reason a lot of people are having footers that are 200 pixels high, and 50 wide…

i overlooked it at first, and saw my footer, and was like…whoops…that looks really stupid…don’t i look like a complete idiot…

hahahah no one has caught that… wow we look stupid…

humorous

lol… i still say it should be 600 wide. Why is it 300?? What does that save us if we still have to adhire to 15 k file size? It’s not like there is a human being on earth who has a horizontal resolution of 300 on their monitor. :slight_smile:

ah well… maybe some day Kirupa will listen to me on that one.

LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

you´re right buddy, damm right :wink:

Hey david,
That is not a bad idea. The problem is that larger footers just look bizarre and detract from the forum. Regarding the footer code, I’ll make that more clear :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

yeah…as long as a 600px banner fits within the designated space, which it appears that it does, and is less then 15k it should be ok…although I understand Kirupa’s concern with it taking away from the actual thread…

but i just wanna go on record saying that i think it might also add something to kirupa…allowing more freedom of expression…its easier to express something about yourself on a little larger area then a postage stamp…

:beam: :beam:

but its just my opinion…

So are you saying my footer detracts from the site since it looks horrible AND its big? smacks kirupa with a trout

Nali, basically, yes :trout:

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**Nali, basically, yes :trout: **

LOL :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

i second that :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Guig0, before you get me wrong, nali is a good friend of mine from school - that’s why I may have tendencies to be more rash in my opinions when dealing with him :skull:

Nali, that still doesn’t detract from my opinion regarding the “appeal” of your footer :bandit:

Smacks Guigo with Kirupa and then marries the infamous trout

LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Kirupa, before you get me wrong, i´m just messing with you guys (-: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey nali, you discovered a powerfull weapon there… a kirupa slap hurts ten times more than a trout slap :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

So what’s the official proper footer specs?

anything smaller than 301w x 61h :wink:

I think I’ll make one that has stitch freakin out when you get near a coffee cup or something…any suggestions?

*Originally posted by Random Hero *
**So what’s the official proper footer specs? **

directed to flash footers but states dimensions and file size etc
http://www.kirupaforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12