Flash & Search Engines - A possible solution?

[font=Times New Roman]Following on from my recent posting regarding the issues concerning Flash & search engine detection, from what I have read, the problem is still very much a concern for any web developers using Flash solely for site generation. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]The Macromedia SDK fix aimed at engine developers has met a very lukewarm response from all the major players, with a representative from one of the major engine sites saying that “The issue of enabling Flash generated sites to obtain higher ratings in our search engine is not a priority or even a concern to us.”[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Knowing all this & currently having a very irate customer demanding explanations & fixes as to why her web hosting company has told her that her flash generated site will not rank well on any engines & that the web development arm of their business would “Not touch Flash with an extended barge pole!” I have had to think on my feet.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Apparently one known fix “Hidden CSS” is not very well thought of, so I was thinking along the lines of generating a spoof HTML page packed with Key terms, links & text that the engines love, either setting all content on the stage to invisible (or just setting text to the same color as my background) & then putting in a meta “Refresh” tag to direct to my site after, say a second.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Not knowing that much about how search engines work would this solution be effective or would the engine just look at the meta tag first of & go straight down that route into the Flash site thus putting me back to square 1?[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I’m sorry to drag up what is probably a very old chestnut to the more established members of the forum, but I have spent a week trying to look into this issue & can only come up with, at best very confusing & contradictory advise. [/font]