Funny Laws

http://encarta.msn.com/grad_article_ludicrouslaws/Ludicrous_laws.html?GT1=4244

There are some great random, but real, rules and regulations. Here is my favorite:

**LAW: Unless a customer orders it specifically, it’s against the law to serve margarine instead of butter at a restaurant.
CITATION: 97.18(4)
ACTUAL: **(4) The serving of colored oleomargarine or margarine at a public eating place as a substitute for table butter is prohibited unless it is ordered by the customer.
Good thing I found out about that. Considering the amount of time I spend in…Wisconsin…eating margarine and complaining that it isn’t butter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[url=“http://encarta.msn.com/grad_article_ludicrouslaws/Ludicrous_laws.html?GT1=4244”][color=#000000]**9.
LAW: It is illegal to wear a bulletproof vest while committing a murder.
CITATION: 2C:39-13 Unlawful use of body vests.
ACTUAL: **A person is guilty of a crime if he uses or wears a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit murder, manslaughter, robbery, sexual assault, burglary, kidnapping, criminal escape or assault under N.J.S.2C:12-1b. Use or wearing a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit a crime of the first degree is a crime of the second degree. Otherwise it is a crime of the third degree.[/color]

haha…only the unlawful murderers would do that :stuck_out_tongue:

great find, Kirupa :smiley:

Adam

man do i get pissed at my local restrurants if they serve me margerine…

there’s a law in north carolina where you can’t have an ice cream cone in your left hand pocket. let me see if i can find it…

haha that’s a great find kirupa! =)

LAW: It is illegal for a bingo game to last longer than five hours, unless the bingo is being played at a fair.
CITATION: §14-309.8. Limit on sessions.
ACTUAL: The number of sessions of bingo conducted or sponsored by an exempt organization shall be limited to two sessions per week and such sessions must not exceed a period of five hours each per session. No two sessions of bingo shall be held within a 48-hour period of time. No more than two sessions of bingo shall be operated or conducted in any one building, hall or structure during any one calendar week and if two sessions are held, they must be held by the same exempt organization. This section shall not apply to bingo games conducted at a fair or other exhibition conducted pursuant to Article 45 of Chapter 106 of the General Statutes.

oh no! I think the one at my school lasted longer than that, good thing I’m in the wrong state or else we could be arrested :stuck_out_tongue:

lol! these are great! look for the ice cream one

-kenshin

I seem to remember one being sent to me and it was something about u couldnt eat a dohnut while walking backwards on a certain street if anyone can find this would be a great find

some more:

http://www.10-7.com/humor/strange.htm

my favourites:
In San Francisco, it is illegal to wipe one’s car with used underwear.
In New Britain (Connecticut) , the speed limit for fire trucks is 25 m.p.h., even when going to a fire.
In Natoma (Kansas), it is illegal to throw a knife at anyone wearing a striped shirt.
In Guernee (Illinois), it is illegal for women weighing more than 200 pounds to ride horses in shorts.
In Clawson (Michigan), it is legal for a farmer to "sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.’’

Arizona: In Glendale, it is illegal to drive a car in reverse.

How do they get out of parking spots? that one’s gotta be tough

haha, there haven’t been farms in clawson for about 50 years now.

LAW: It is illegal to taunt someone for refusing to participate in a duel.
CITATION: §61-2-24. Taunting for nonparticipation in duel; penalty.
ACTUAL: If any person post another, or in writing or in print use any reproachful or contemptuous language to or concerning another, for not fighting a duel, or for not sending or accepting a challenge, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, shall be confined in jail not more than six months, or fined not exceeding one hundred dollars.

duel me kirupa, you won’t. :evil:

Some of my favorites :hugegrin:
In Quitman, it is illegal for a chicken to cross a road.

In Pocatello, the carrying of concealed weapons is forbidden, unless same are exhibited to public view.'' Also in Pocatello,It is prohibited for pedestrians and motorists to display frowns, grimaces, scowls, threatening and glowering looks, gloomy and depressed facial appearances, generally all of which reflect unfavorably upon the city’s reputation.’’
so if someone has a gun (which is legal) upon in ur face u have to smile for the citys reputation lol