How big is yours?

So, they say size doesn’t matter, but I don’t think mine is quite big enough. Afterall, there’s a lot to it.

So just how big does your monitor have to be to make sensible use of Flash MX. I’m running a 21" monitor at 1600 x1200 and it’s still crowded.

OK, so Flash MX is a great product, and the way it works is certainly an improvement, especially when you are using DW and FW MX, but did Macromedia think we all create neat 200x100 movies or like to work at 75% magnification when they designed the new UI??!!

Does anyone have a comfortable screen layout that works with decent sized movies. What resolution do you need, and how big is yours??

Any thoughts!!

JOhn

:frowning:

I have the same size monitor and am running at 1024x768… I find the enviroment in Flash MX to be brilliant. Did you just switch to MX? When I did I felt very closed in as well. Really though MX is much better - you have all your tools around you… WHY DONT YOU make up your own layout if you like and make up all your own hotkeys (as Flash allows you to) then you can have a large viewing area with all your menus and actions at the tips of your fingers.
Peace

PS do you really need to see EVERYTHING all the time?:slight_smile:

Yeah, when I first got MX I was about to go nuts with the interface. It drove me insane. But then I found that the windows that are “attached” to the interface and you couldn’t only move around where they were attached to, well they could really be DETATCHED to be their own seperate window. Then you can use hotkeys such as F2 to call the actions window, and CTRL+L to call the library.

All I have in my window when I start is the timeline, the movie area, and the properties window, it is still sort of cluttered, but I am only running an 800x600 monitor, so it’s to be expected.

Experiment with your window placement and try and learn those hotkeys, they come in handy. :slight_smile:

1024x768 is mine
I made my own layout… well it doesn’t really differ from the standard but… the thing is that the library won’t show up when I start Flash MX…
But everything else is coool

1024x768 here as well. I use the default panel layout, but I have the Actions window docked as a floating window. Besides that, all of the default Flash MX views are floating around the comp.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

I can run my @ 2048xXXXX but my reselution is now 1600x1200

Thanks to you all, it seems that I should be satisfied with my size, hmm, maybe I’ll still buy myself a new monitor for Christmas, I’ve been eyeing up a nice 21" flat screen with even more pixel space - I just need to find some cash!!!

Cheers to all who posted, I guess it’s time to put this one to bed.

By the way, ludenhud, “Live youre life” might be better spelt “Live your life” - sorry its a terrible habit after years of text vetting, please forgive me!

*Originally posted by JohnLawton *
**Thanks to you all, it seems that I should be satisfied with my size, hmm, maybe I’ll still buy myself a new monitor for Christmas, I’ve been eyeing up a nice 21" flat screen with even more pixel space - I just need to find some cash!!!

Cheers to all who posted, I guess it’s time to put this one to bed.

By the way, ludenhud, “Live youre life” might be better spelt “Live your life” - sorry its a terrible habit after years of text vetting, please forgive me! **

Hehe np my english isn´t to play with. Im just an stupid Swede that cant spell a word in english.

Q. What do you call someone who can speak 3 languages?
A. Tri-lingual

Q. What do you call someone who can speak 2 languages?
A. Bi-lingual

Q. What do you call someone who can speak only 1 language?
A. An Englishman!!

Your English is a whole lot better than my Swedish.

John

:stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by JohnLawton *
**Q. What do you call someone who can speak 3 languages?
A. Tri-lingual

Q. What do you call someone who can speak 2 languages?
A. Bi-lingual

Q. What do you call someone who can speak only 1 language?
A. An Englishman!!
:stuck_out_tongue: **

Hahah thats true

**Your English is a whole lot better than my Swedish.
Jo jag skulle också tro att min Svenska är lite bättre än din :slight_smile: C ya pal