How is this effect created?

On the site http://2methods.com/secondmethod/ (Skip the intro)

Are the moving glints of light movie clips or is this a masking effect?

Also in the top left navigation, in the box on the right, how is the ‘tv snow’ effect created?

Thanks for any help.

:slight_smile:

Sorry man, I have no idea, but the correct link is this.

Let me know when you find out-the static is probably done with After Effects though.

The glints of light are a masking effect. He teaches you how to do it if you click on the navigation tab, go to “My Work” then “Tutorial”, click on the “Next Page” button in the lower left of that panel.

The TV effect is done use the noise filter in Photoshop and importing the images.

ah!
More than meets the eye.

Hi, thanks for the responses. I meant the glints of light going through the main graphic on the index page, not the mask effect on the logo.

That is what i would like to know, sorry for the confusion.

wow! my work–>experiments, that rolling wave effect is niiiiice

*Originally posted by jemini18 *
**Hi, thanks for the responses. I meant the glints of light going through the main graphic on the index page, not the mask effect on the logo.

That is what i would like to know, sorry for the confusion. **

It’s just a gradient under a mask that is tweened. You can make the gradient via the Color Mixel Panel (Window/Color Mixer I think), just make a linear gradient where the center is white and the 2 ends alpha out to 0.

Then create a tall but thin rectangle to create the gradient shape, you can either make it a movie clip and tween it in there, or just tween it on the current timeline.

Then create a layer above that layer and create the shape you want to be your mask. Ifyou use the line tool to make your shape you have to be sure to select your lines and go to Modify/Shape/Convert Lines To Fills… because you can’t mask lines made with the line tool or outlines of shapes.

this topic sounds tutorial worthy :stunned:

:thumb: -gabe