How should I style the background of this page?

Hi,

I am designing the webpage for a vegan cooking box and I am struggling with the background image.

I first created this version with a wooden background: www.vegantastic.de

Then I changed it up and came up with this darker wood background:

I like it better but I am not sure if it is to dark now.

What do you think? I would be happy about some opinions. Which one do you like better? Any suggestions how I could make the background more appealing?

Thanks and best regards
Jan

I’m not much of a designer, but I can say I like both. They each give off different vibes, though. The first (lighter) seems a little more approachable. Being lighter its friendlier and more inviting. The second is a little more trendy. Younger I would say - a little more edge; contemporary.

Given what I can glean from the content of the site, I think I personally would opt for the lighter look. With that texture, I would also suggest making it a little bigger (the image/cropping, not scale) or find a way to hide the knot in the grain which makes the repetition quite noticeable. There’s a vertical line next to it that’s a little unpleasant too.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your opinion.

I had the same thoughts - since the site is about healthy ecologically sustainable food, I think a lighter more approachable background would be preferable (even if I actually like the dark one a little bit more).

I will try to make it less repeatable or find a better light texture.