I Can't Talk

Not only do I normally have a speech impediment, now I also have a massive retainer. This is so much worse than braces… I’m not kidding, not a single person can understand a single word I say.

It’s really boring, but sorta gives me an interesting perspective, as I’m really quiet, and I simply don’t talk, and nobody talks to me. :slight_smile:

But it sucks!

Yeah, I remember when my sister had her retainer. It was pretty funny. :smiley:

Does she normally have a speech impediment?

No, but I’m trying to imagine how much funnier it would’ve been. Sorry… :wink:

psh after a couple days you dont wear the retainer… it kinda ruins the point of having a perfect smile… it’s like a model wearing a bag over her face so it cant get damaged :slight_smile:

I only wear it at night :wink:

I had a top and bottom retainer when my brace went in, I remember I just drooled for days. I sat with a glass under my mouth for hours catching spit…that defo doesn’t win u any new friends :wink: I couldn’t talk properly either.

It gets better with time, give it a week or two and you’ll sound a lot more normal, you hope :wink: At least we can understand, unless you got one of those new retainers that effects your keystroke :wink:

I can type and write just fine, thankfully. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I don’t mind if you laugh at me, wizard. :slight_smile:

if you have a bottom retainer too… ask about a permanent wire retainer for the bottom… it’s a thin very strong wire that is glued on the inside of your front teeth (cant see it) and I cant even feel it… really nice :slight_smile:

… yea i havent seen retainers in a long time now they give the invisible plastic things *(invisaline?). You should of just got those they are much better than retainers your talking about. I also only wear them at night even though they are invisible.

WIZARD!!! :cantlook:

I am being fitted for a retainer next month; I have worn braces for the past 2 years and I have had it;They are clear so no one notices but I am done!! I’m 27 years old!!

Is a retainer worse than braces??

retainer makes you talk weird, giggles kinda like with a lysp

Retainers are much less painful, but more annoying. :wink:

I didn’t have the opportunity to get a permanent one, because my teeth were too bad in the back of the front bottom teeth. I didn’t brush well enough. :frowning:

Yeah, but now I have two lisps, sparkey. :wink:

lisp? i always thought it was lysp!
damn!

I’m sorry Nokrev but think how beautful your smile will be when it is all over:D

You’ll lothe the lithp.

I lost my front teeth for 4.5 years as a kid, which obviouthly developed into a loverly lithp.

But with a bit of practithe… you can loothe the lithp quite easily :stuck_out_tongue:

i think you meant
I lotht my fronth theeth for 4.5 yearth ath a kid, which obviouthly developed into a loverly lithp.

^Theres what i was talking about… they give no lithp and are very comfortable.

■■■■ :frowning:

I know. My orthodontist is all over that crap, so I’m sure if I could’ve gotten it, I would have. :wink:

Hey jeff, whats a speech inpediment??? lol