I Got A Car!

i came out of school today, only to find that my parents had come to pick me up in a car that they were test driving for me!! it’s not the BEST car in the world, but it’s a start (escpecially since im only 14). It’s a Lincoln Continental, 1991, leather seats, pretty good sound system, rides nice. it’s not the mercedes i was shooting for, but hey… lol
i’ll put up some pics tomorrow if ne1 is interested.

A lincoln contenental? aren’t those like the airport <s>taxis</s> limos? Ah well, sounds cool anyway!

Dude, that’s sweet … I’d drive one of those babies!

Big back seat too man … you’ve got it made my friend … MADE! Chick gets a peak at the interior, you’ll be fogging up the windows in NO time!

cool, but… how can u drive at 14? where do you live?

congrats on the “land yacht.”

my 2nd car was a boat…

could run it into walls and it was still a runner…

Rev

Not to be mean or anything but I find it hard to believe that parents would just go and buy a car for there son/doughtier my parents don’t believe in that and not that it wouldn’t be nice and cool but i wouldn’t want them to buy a car for me ether. I believe one should do it on there own cuz you will never learn how to do anything if you don’t do things yourself. It makes me sick when i hear kids at school saying there parents bought them a bran new car or used car and they don’t pay a cent of it or insurance or gas money. Your only 14 why they buying you a car anyways? just my thoughts :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Flash fool *
**Not to be mean or anything but I find it hard to believe that parents would just go and buy a car for there son/doughtier my parents don’t believe in that and not that it wouldn’t be nice and cool but i wouldn’t want them to buy a car for me ether. I believe one should do it on there own cuz you will never learn how to do anything if you don’t do things yourself. It makes me sick when i hear kids at school saying there parents bought them a bran new car or used car and they don’t pay a cent of it or insurance or gas money. Your only 14 why they buying you a car anyways? just my thoughts :slight_smile: **
Nice way to rain on someones parade! :-\

I said not to be mean or anything sorry Yeldarb i wasn’t talking specifically about you just the world in general .

*Originally posted by Yeldarb *
**it’s not the mercedes i was shooting for, but hey… lol
i’ll put up some pics tomorrow if ne1 is interested. **

Meh, who wants a Mercedes anyway? And about the pics… yes. :slight_smile:

jeez, im turning 18 soon and i’ll have to work a couple of years to get a junked up cars —

guess not everybody’s parents have $$$$… :beam:

*Originally posted by Digitalosophy *
**cool, but… how can u drive at 14? where do you live? **

i live in iowa… so as of this exact moment, I can’t drive the car by myself… but… i turn 15 in a week, and im going to get my school permit, so i can drive to school functions :slight_smile:
alright, i’ll put up pics as soon as i get home from school

@ flash fool- yeah, it is kinda sick! lol cool, but sick.

My Mom bought a truck when I was like 13 and used it every so often to haul stuff but had bought it for me so when I turned 16 I could have something to drive. However, it was understood that when I turned 16 I would have to get a job and pay the insurance and gas for it. It wasn’t the nicest thing but it worked (sometimes). Well, my senior year my Mom sold the truck and gave a little bit of the money as my graduation present and I went out and bought a brand new GMC Sierra loaded (with my own money).

I think it is alright to get your kid a car just make them responsible for it. I don’t think it’s a good idea though to buy your child a brand new car and then pimp it out for them (a lot of parents around here do that for their kids).

Where I live there is a company called Trenz and they make like most billet accessories and other mod’s for your car/truck. Well anyways, the owner does some sick stuff to trucks/cars/semis/hummers and I can’t wait to see what he does to his kids cars when they turn 16.

I could only find his latest creation. I’ll try to post some pics of his other cars(toys).

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/sema2002/ford/trenz.html (notice the $50,000 billet flame bars that give suspension to the axles)

I’ve seen him customize a Hummer, Semi Mack truck, Expedition, Silverado, PT Cruiser, Chevelle, and others I can’t think of off the top of my head.

congrats man!

Big cars rule man - if it is in good shape, you are going to be in for a smooth ride, big cars on the interstate are a dream man, and just cruisin’ in general!

flash fool, if you were speaking about the world in general, then you were speaking about him, cause last time i checked he was in the world…i understand where you are coming from; but say it nicer man sheesh

Never mind trucks, now <i>this</i> is a car… :wink:

Anyway, congratulations on the aquisition. :slight_smile:

flash fool, if you were speaking about the world in general, then you were speaking about him, cause last time i checked he was in the world…i understand where you are coming from; but say it nicer man sheesh **

That was as nice as i could say it and i do know the old expression if you cant say anything Nice then don’t say anything at but i couldn’t help myself.

I drive a busted up '91 Pontiac Grand AM, nearing 105 thousand miles (about 104,446 right now), with the back bumper broken off on the driver side, busted power locks that only work on the driver side, manual windows, default sound ‘system,’ and a broken grill on the front from the window repair guy who backed into my car after he fixed the passenger side window when some neighborhood thugs broke it just for fun …

But hey! She’s got 4 wheels, and the muffler almost never falls off anymore. Just as good as new!

I’m kinda on Flash Fool’s side - I like to see people earn what they get, but it’s not like Yeldarb’s parents didn’t work hard in order to be able to buy their kid a car. Cars I think are different - I’m down with parents getting their kids cars, but it’s just rediculous if they get them DVDs, and PS2 games or whatever too. That stuff the kids should have to work/pay for …

heres the pics :slight_smile:
only have 2 that my dad took at the car dealership, may upload some more later…
www.barbdwyer.com/car

dude get some tint on that, and later on if you can afford some rims…and that will be awesome…

Tight car man!

key there is: “if you can afford some”…
i think im gonna start saving up for a sports car :slight_smile: lol
might be a while though… it took me 3 years to save up for my computer, and i’m pretty sure a decent sports car is gonna run more than a computer
but for now, this is kick*****!!

*Originally posted by Yeldarb *
**key there is: “if you can afford some”…
i think im gonna start saving up for a sports car :slight_smile: lol **
What, like the very nice MG TF on the previous page? :beam:

There’s some really good cars around though, it is, as you say, just a question of affording them…