Illustrator Art work - What do you think?

I thought I might show some of my work on Adobe Illustrator, I only started using it 4 months ago. I would like to know what you guys think, most of these are just random pieces of artwork.

Any comments or questions about my work would be great thanks.

I like them all, especially the Madonna one :slight_smile:

Very nice! I too like the maddonna one the best. Got anymore?

Wow, that was quick. I’ll attach some work I’ve done for my course, I slaved over these for days!

Also Ive got a few more bits of artwork aswell.

great stuff! i really got to get into illustrator…how did you get that cartoon like effect?

To create these images I would start with an image, be it a photo, scanned magazine article or web image. Then I’d put the image into illustrator then start building up the layers. I gradually learnt to start from the top and work my way down, the layers overlap, so that I could get a clean edge. It takes a lot of time to create, and its quite a chalenge, especially the madonna picture, as I drew every each of hairs seperately. I actually hated using Illustrator at the start, but with a lot of time and patience you can do anything…I love illustrator now.

Also the key to geting a good image is to keep it simple, and to pick out the right bits to enthesise. Also my style is heavily influenced by images around me including the web, tv, posters, album art. I really like to keep my images clean and minimalist.

I’m hoping one day that I will be able to this for a living.