Jeopardy!: $2 Million Dollars+ Winner - Ken Jennings!

nobody watches it now… So I guess it will continue on as it has :stuck_out_tongue:

haha

I know there was a german Jeopardy some time ago, but they skipped it after 1 year since nobody watched it

How fair was that through? The final Jeopardy question was about Shakespeare and Ken is an English major! :stuck_out_tongue:

I had no idea he was an English major. Since he worked for a software company (right?), I incorrectly thought that he must have majored in computer science or something hehe.

I didn’t know either until today, they were talking about it at the beginning of the show (he and alex were).

Ah! I missed all of the show except for final Jeopardy. Luckily I remembered the Shakespeare I had sparknoted…err studied, so I got that right :slight_smile:

I got it right too, but I guessed on one of them (Macbeth), but I knew Julius Caesar as we read that Freshman year hehe.

ESPN has written an article about him (pointed out to me by a friend [moose] who also watches Jeopardy!):

[u][color=blue]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040721[/color][/u]

Will the JG ever lose? I see it ending like Gagne’s save streak – a close game, then some sort of fluke and everyone standing around in disbelief. Either that, or one of the other contestants pummels him to death. “I can’t even look at him anymore,” the Sports Gal hissed last week. “His face is so punchable.” But isn’t that the point? We need villains, even if they come in the form of a wispy computer geek!
(JG = Jeopardy Guy for those who didn’t read the article :P)

wow, that’s pretty harsh. but i have to agree.

This is just amazing. A guy from the future has come back to play Jeopardy instead of curing cancer or MS… he’s not a very nice person that’s for sure.

What am I going to do with myself for, what, five and a half weeks? With no JG to liven up the afternoon, the day is going to seem so… empty. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the next season, along with the return of the JG.