Lack of intelligence

Looks like Bush and company just got lucky. An investigative report by the Senate on the war has concluded that the intelligence supplied to Bush & Co. was flawed.

The Bush administration’s justification for war against Iraq was based on false and exaggerated intelligence about Baghdad’s weapons of mass destruction and its links to al-Qaeda, a scathing U.S. Senate investigative report concludes. - The Globe and Mail (A Canadian newspaper)

“Congress would not have authorized that war if we knew what we know now. Mistakes leading up to the war in Iraq rank among the most devastating losses and intelligence failures in the history of the nation.” - Senator John Rockefeller

But the question remains, was pressure put on CIA and other intelligence agencies by Bush to exaggerate evidence? A significant amount of pages were blacked out by the CIA, but that is not conclusive.

But what I don’t understand is that Bush is not even taking advantage of this report. After the report came out he said at a rally:

We removed a declared enemy of America, who had the capability of producing weapons of mass destruction, and could have passed that capability to terrorists bent on acquiring them. - George W. Bush

Why would he continue to push these points when it was just reported that the information leading to these conclusions was extremely flawed!

Just throwing it out there.

I think it is in his wording of his sentence. President Bush stated a country that had the “capability of producing” weapons of mass destruction. If you think about it, anybody has the capability of producing wmd. Tricky!

Didn’t George Tenet (Fmr. CIA director) once say something like “Slam dunk case for WMDs in Iraq?” Cheney on the other hand is still campaigning about a strong Saddam/Osama link, which isn’t really true :stuck_out_tongue:

True enough. But if I were his advisors, I might suggest he be very cautious with the whole weapons and Saddam/Osama issues, if he slipped up (which with Bush is quite likely) he could end up sounding rather stup… oh wait, I guess he can’t do anything to suprise us. :pleased:

I think it is in his wording of his sentence. President Bush stated a country that had the “capability of producing” weapons of mass destruction. If you think about it, anybody has the capability of producing wmd. Tricky!

Nope, not everyone… there a certain materials and structures you need to produce such weapons.

True enough. But if I were his advisors, I might suggest he be very cautious with the whole weapons and Saddam/Osama issues, if he slipped up (which with Bush is quite likely) he could end up sounding rather stup… oh wait, I guess he can’t do anything to suprise us.

If I were his advisors; I’d lock him up somewhere so he’d stop being the world’s laughing stock… (and he wouldnt mess with politics)

That’s true RB. I was looking it from the point of view that any researcher or student at a college or university who has access to potentially dangerous viruses and bacteria could use or genetically modify them to contaminate the air or something. It’s a stretch though.

mlk - portions of the world also like David Hasselhoff :stuck_out_tongue:

[ot]teehee[/ot]

Bush isn’t stupid. He just lack intellegence :slight_smile:

Well Bush, and his felow president’s looks can be preseived as follows:

Bush: Godamm goofy looking but bullet proof, bad raps, or problems hit him, hit him alot, but dont stick, probobly due to his sence of humor.

Clinton: Extremly Charismatic, but not ellegant, he is the ultimate modern sleaze-your-way out president.

Reagan: Elegant and bulletproof, things where he screwd up bad, just wont stick on him no matter what, and he could also avoid problems like keanu in the matrix.

Nixon: Everything hit him and everything stuck, ultimate walking political cannon fodder.

So true. The list of negatives that have been associated with the Pres. are endless. One would expect him to be trailing Kerry by a huge margin, but even with Kerry’s pick of Edwards, after all the months of bad news, Bush and Kerry are still tied with Bush’s numbers picking up from the lows he hit last month.

[ot]Check out my footer :lol: [/ot]

What gives? Who deleted my post? Did I do something wrong?

I was just pointing out that I second the fact your dear president “lacks intelligence” by making a friendly comparision in my footer :stuck_out_tongue:

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#005680]off topic: [/color][/font]
-------------------------

I can’t see it!

Stupid Firefox… Hehehe monkies…

In an interview with Esquire Magazine, Donald Trump bashed the Bush admin’s handling of the Iraqi war.

“Look at the war in Iraq and the mess that we’re in. I would never have handled it that way. Does anybody really believe that Iraq is going to be a wonderful democracy where people are going to run down to the voting box and gently put in their ballot and the winner is happily going to step up to lead the country?.” - Donald Trump

here’s the full story: http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-RTO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0002/20040713/2344306210.htm&photoid=20040424NY111

And an investigation in Britain has come to the same conclusions… that the inteligence was exaggerated. BBC NEWS | UK | Politics | 'Serious flaws' in Iraq intelligence

Also, BBC had an exclusive interview with an American spy who said that the war in Iraq hhas made the U.S. less safe… That spy is going to be coming out with a book soon. I can’t find the link for it right now.