Loading Text from External Sources

i´m having a little problem loading text into a textbox. It seems to be really simple but as i´m a flash begginer…
Actually the problem is loading the swf file with the textbox inside another .swf. The text is not shown.
I´m sending the .fla files.

thanks to everybody and merry christmas folks !:?)

Sorry, i forgot the attachment on last post !
here they are :

check this tutorial to understand how it works.
Here a tutorial for loadind text
i hope it helps :wink:

thanks but i forgot to mention that i´ve already read this tutorial. It was really usefull but now i think my problem is with variables and levels…

eduardo …
your problem is very simple… you can’t mask dynamic text… try to put it without mask… it’ll work man… :wink:

Hummm… a small but important detail !
I thank you very much !:beam:

Ehm…you can mask dynamic text, if you also want to see it, you have to embed the font;)

scotty(-:

thanks scotty for updates my information :wink:

No problem, FlashSwimmer:thumb:

about the embed fonts… i’ve to embed it from the beiginning or if i started in the project then embed the fonts after starting it’ll work or this is wrong way :h:

It can be done both ways.
But I think it will be wise, if you’re busy with text and you know that (later) you want to mask/tween it, to do it right away.
When later you’re testing and things don’t work, at least you know it hasn’t to do with embedding the fonts.

scotty(-:

When later you’re testing and things don’t work

i know… but i’m asking if you in the middle of project and sudenlty you want to embed it… (-:

Then you still can embed them without any problem:whistle:

scotty:?)