LoadMovie & Go To action

Hey, I’ve tried every code I could muster to no avail. I’m trying to Load a Movie in into level0, and I want the playhead to automatically go to Scene 4, label “Start”. I don’t want to place no actions on the frames of the loaded movie. Thus, I need Flash to first load the movie, then go straight to Scene 4, label “start”. I want the button to execute both these actions consecutively.

here’s the syntax I’m using now:

on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp loadMovieNum (“moneyscene.swf”, 0);
}
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _level0gotoAndPlay(“Scene 4”, “start”);
}

And I tried this:

on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp loadMovieNum (“moneyscene.swf”, 0);
}
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp tellTarget ("_level0") {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndStop (Scene 4, “start:”;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp }
}

Any flashers could throw me a hand? It will be appreciated of course man

well first of all you’re only allowed to use one of the same action per button instance… so it should look more like this…

on (release) {
loadMovieNum (“moneyscene.swf”, 0);
_level0.gotoAndPlay(“Scene 4”, “start”);
}

Now… you may run into a problem in this… the movie probebly wont load by the time the second command is attempting to exicute. As you wish not to use any a/s in the loaded movie… this might be very difficult to overcome… I’ll have to think about it.

Question… can you load the movie into level1 instead of 0?

Thanks for the reply.

I tried ur code also, yet it doesn’t execute the second command.

I thought Flash was built to handle multiple executions like this.

Now, you stated that flash may not be finishing loading he movie when it’s time to execute the second command. If that may be the case, should I use an If statement…Like say If frames are loaded from the loaded movie, execute the second command? That has to work…I’ll try that…but help me if you can, because this is an interesting issue with flash performance…

Furthermore, I read up on variables to go to frame labels…here’s the thread at macromedia…but can’t figure out how to set up my variables…

www.macromedia.com/suppor…ipting.htm

check out that thread; it tells you how to create variables for goto actions…I under this info and knowledge under my belt…

thanks for your time and please post back with your opinions; I admire ur knowledge…

deep cover

Well there’s also a second problem that I didn’t think of. The fact is, the way you want it to work wont work.

A) if the movie loads into level0 then the command telling it to gotoAndPlay does not exist, and cannot be exicuted.

B) if the the movie is not loaded, it cannot exicute the command upon the new movie.

You have to have either code in the loaded movie telling it where to go, or you have to load the movie into level1 instead of level0 so that it doesn’t load into the movie that’s already there.

If you load it into level1… even then you’ll run into problems with the movie not loading in time for the goto statement to effect it. A solution to this might be to have the movie in level0 goto a new section of itself, where it is allowed to play through some blank frames for a few seconds, and then has a frame action at the end of that which tells the movie in level1 to gotoAndPlay.

just out of curiosity and for the sake of clarity, are you using Flash 4 or 5? It makes a little difference with regards to how easy variables are to set.

Putting a little bit of A/S into frame 1 of the loaded movie, telling it to go to the bit you want? That would bypass the problem of getting the onRelease to execute the second instruction…

Thanx for the replies.

First, I’m using Flash 5.

Uhm, like you said, no matter what level I load it on, the code won’t work…

Moreover, to the last post, I may be compelled to put a goto action on the first frame of the loaded movie…I really wanted the button press to take me straight to my destiny so I wouldn’t have to rearrange my loaded movie…

Ok, I’ll try and if statement, and if it works I 'll post the code…thanx everybody

Well like I said… it really can’t work. You’re welcome to try it, but the physics of the attempt are impossible as far as I see.