Making a sound board

Okay, I’ve figured out how to make a button with sound. But now I’m trying to create a sound board so I would like to be able to make an application that can contain multiple buttons on it and each button plays a different sound. Probably about 50 buttons each associated with a different sound. How do I go about putting all these buttons with all these different sounds onto one application? Thanks for your help.

read up on the sound object. Once you know how to load a sound with mysound=new sound()… etc… you will be able to apply the different methods and properties for each button. Give it a shot and let us know how you’re doing. If you get stumpted, come back and we’ll help you along.

Okay, here’s what I did. The only thing I could find was a source code that said this:

mySound = new Sound();
mySound.loadSound(“music.mp3”,true);

I’m not quite sure what to do with this code.

Also, I have one button so I just used copy and paste and made 10 other buttons. But each time I try to change the sound on one button, all the buttons get the same sound. I’m still not quite sure how to assign different sounds to different buttons. And finally, is there a way to save this as .swf? I see that all of the soundboards that I download are in this format. But when I save, it saves as .fla. If someone could help, or point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

from your reply I am going to assume that you are very new to Flash, and you’re trying to tackle code that may be a bit much to swallow at first. I am not trying to insult your intelligence. Please do not misunderstand. If you do not have previous programming experience, it may be easier for you to assimilate if you try some of the tutorials on this site first, so you can get acquainted with scripting.

As far as the question with the swf file. SWF is the format in which Flash saves files once you either preview (CTRL-Enter) or if you publish your file. In either case, it will create an swf file in the same directory in which you have your fla. So, FLA is your source file… what you work with. SWF is the product of your work, what you will share with your users on the web.

I hope that helps.