Mini-Review: AIcs and PScs

So far all i can say is “Wow!” For the first time adobe deserves to overprice thier stuff :love:
PScs
The thing that caught my eye in PScs was the new file browser. I never used the file browser in PS7 and why not? it wasnt something that i found an advantage to. But this one is really great, there is flagging so you can see only what you want, makes work time way more streamlined. There is also a new “Photomerge” feature which i thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It will create the panorama for you. A few touch ups and you are done! WOW! There is also a “Match Color” command which will match the colors of all the things on the art board so you dont have different lighting to them, very usefull. Now with image ready you can make swf files! Text on paths so that you can have better effects and 16-bit color. What more could you ask for? Coustomizable key commands? Yeah they got that too. :smiley:

AIcs
Ok let me tell you straight up front, this is the first vector program that i would like to use. It is the best thing. There is so much i could talk about, the 3d support the .swf exporting, everything. I will give you a touch. I havent used this but somehting i know we will all like is the new 3d effects. You can now stop having to make layer after layer to get those 3d effects looking somewhat ok, now AI has an effect for that. There is a “Save as Template” feature too now. More text capabilites and MS Office integration has gotten better from what i hear. And it runs SO much faster than the other versions i have used (same with PS).

Very good stuff, i have to admit i was sceptical, but now i am a beliver, worth it for sure.

-Mike