Mod For a Day

I had an idea…

Why not have a sweepstakes for the holidays or the new year? I think it’d be cool to have a random drawing to appoint one Kirupa member as Mod for a day!

They could do all the things a mod could do, but just for one day, to get the feel of how it’s like for the higher-ups in Kirupaville. They get to hang out with the smart and sexy Kit, (in a Pinky and the Brain voice) try to take over the world with Phil, and climb the hills of San Fran with Rev.

I think it’d be kinda cool. It doesn’t have to be a random drawing, it could be the reward for a battle or something … I dunno - just an idea

I think this was brought up before. And, as it should be, shot down pretty quick :wink: Do you have any enemies here? Or anyone who may not like you 100%? Do you want to risk them coming into power and banning you? The trust in mod-ship cannot come from a pixture contest :slight_smile:

Yea, me thinks its a bad idea too… :sigh:

I don’t think you would be able to enjoy being a mod for just one day anyway… As for hanging out with Kit, or taking the world over with Phil or anything else, you don’t really need to be a mod to do that y’know :wink:

I dont think Kirupa IA lets humble humans inside the intricate configuration of its circuit boards…

anyway it would mean we would see the secret sections of kirupaforumcom… so i dont know… can we???

what secret sections…? =)

aaaaaaaaah comon we know you guys hold secret meetings and ponder over crucial topics to the life of the forum…

:whistle:

I dont mind being a mod:) lol… hey u guys(the existing mods) are doing a great job…I dont think there is any need of more…We have very nice ppl in Kirupaville right :slight_smile:

to make it a lot more fun… how about admin for one day.

Admin for a day? Hmm let me think…INSTANT BOARD SHUT OFF!!! :m:

The vBulletin Admin CP is very harmful to the board and could bring if offline completely. :stunned:

-Data :sketchy:

*Originally posted by Phil Jayhan *
**Except phor an occasional banning of Deity, there isn’t much more to being a Mod than logging on. We are the little people as well;

There aint nothing to do Bm…
It’s not as you think…

pj :slight_smile: **

Us normal members know you guys hold secret meetings and talk about world corruption with Phil in the “Mod Forum” and beta testing on the Kirupa upgrade BETA boards. :sure:

THE TRUTH MUST BE HEARD!!

Admin for a day? Hmm let me think…INSTANT BOARD SHUT OFF!!!

The vBulletin Admin CP is very harmful to the board and could bring if offline completely.

hehe, that’s why I said it :beer:
(I am admin of a small board, so I know that)

I’m an admin of a board with a total of (drum roll)…1 members!! :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by Phat7 *
**As for hanging out with Kit, you don’t really need to be a mod to do that y’know :wink: **
yeah, tell me about it :upset:

whats that mean? does Kit … “get around” ?

:stunned:

[size=1](is kit looking?) :run:[/size]

she’s around the office somewhere… peers over monitor …yeah, there she is… :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by datapimp *
**I’m an admin of a board with a total of (drum roll)…1 members!! :stuck_out_tongue: **

yes, something like that. well its a small board for our newspaper team :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**she’s around the office somewhere… peers over monitor …yeah, there she is… :stuck_out_tongue: **
Waves :beam:

Hang on a minute, you two weren’t being rude about me, where you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Being a mod for a day really isn’t worth it. Once you’re imbued with the powers of modship, you really wouldn’t want to go back. With mod powers, you can do pretty much anything from mess with people’s accounts, change their names/passwords, ban them, mass delete threads/posts, etc. Simply giving all this power to someone wouldn’t really be safe. There are reasons why mod-erdom is given to some people :wink:

I mean, remember what happened to this guy.

[Thread deleted by senocular]
[Thread restored by thoriphes]