Most waned PS effects -- Read in!

And Eilsoe, how did you do that thing on the left of my footer? Behind the letters. Is it hard to accomplish?

That uhmm… well… that is a cut-out of another psd i had lying around, something i made back from when i started out in PS7…

It’s not THAT hard, but it takes some time…

here: old psd file

(warn: 650Kb)

(Btw Ilyas, I finished the beta on my game-library, I’m gonna write some notes for you, and the give u a link in a PM, then you can try out coding it…)

woooww!!!
that’s cool!!
I’d love a tutorial on how to do that knid of effects :smiley:

Eberth: Wha’, the old one above? :slight_smile:

Actually Ilyas, when i look at Dudemans footer, I see a cut-out of a crystal picture, Probably altered the Hue/Sat on that layer, added a black box over the center and altered it’s opacity, THEN added the grid via a pattern he made (EASY as hell those grids), and deleted the top part of the grid, altered the grid’s opacity too. Then added the text on layers of their own, rendered them to get rid of vectors, and stroked them with a 1 px line (black),

Am I close Dudeman?? :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah!! :stuck_out_tongue:

or…
errr…

is it too old :x

???

so, you can to better things??:q:

:smirk: that would be nice :smiley:

Well, it’s about 6 months old now…

But I can make a tut on it if you’d like… Pure text though, it takes hella lot of time to make really good tut’s with pics and all.

Just for the fun of it, I’m gonna try recreating dudemans footer right now… time me guys! :stuck_out_tongue:

DONE!

Not perfect, but of course i didn’t know dudemans exact measures on all the things. And i only added my icq #, and put it in the upper left, instead of lower left.

13 minutes!! heheh…

Nice! :cowboy: I think we’re gonna have some fun with you guys…

And about that code, I’ll check it tomorrow, when I’ve had my 4 hours of sleep.

pom :asian:

Okidoki Ilyas, I’ll write the notes now… After I get my midnight snack, it’s 00:28 AM now! :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t go to bed for the next few hours, of course, i sleep until 2 PM too, HA!! :stuck_out_tongue:

6:45 am here, lesson starts in 5 hours… :sleep:

5:46 PM Here :slight_smile:

I don’t even get sleepy before 3 AM…

really annoying sometimes…

lmfao!! I leave you guys alone for a day and look what happens! :o :o :o

Lol… nice job on the footer lol… Yea, your pretty close.

The ‘crystal’ look was made in 3ds Max Studio and since I had trouble creating the look I wanted I… ah… erm… it got a bit touched up by a friend :P!

Anyways I took it from there in photoshop, adding the black bar setting opacity to see-through but strong, added a pattern I made myself (pixel grid) and touched it up again and again till I hit it.

This took me like half n hour to do (not including 3dsmax)!

I kind of wanted to do cool tutorials on cracks and snags, and all sorts of other shiznit… since you guys asked on my footer, I forgot the other cool ones :frowning:

But whatever I’ll make a more in-depth tutorial on creating the perfect sig/footer!

heheh, my crystals are made in 3dsmax too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Even made a tutorial on those crystals…

where???:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

*Originally posted by dudeman *
I kind of wanted to do cool tutorials on cracks and snags, and all sorts of other shiznit… since you guys asked on my footer, I forgot the other cool ones :frowning:
No idea what this means, but go ahead, man! Get :crazy:

Ilyas: He means exactly what he wrote “Cracks and snags”… mostly used on interfaces.

Eberth: here: crystals tut by me
a jpg with crystals, here .

Dudeman: Get online on icq!! :stuck_out_tongue: I think the others here want’s us to make some tutorials! :slight_smile:

I’m sure I could help out any 3ds max tutorials if you need any help!

I can’t help but think that I’m missing out on something here. I seem not to possess 3DS Max.

Rats.

I was wondering when you’d show up, Dan :slight_smile:

This gives me an idea: Why don’t you guys agree on an effect, do a basic tutorial, and then each one of you makes something personal based on that tutorial? With your own techniques, cracks and snags, and all sorts of other shiznit (even though I still don’t know what that means :(). That could be fun, don’t you think?

And we could have the same with Flash tutes (actually, that’s what I was aiming at with the perspective tutorial). Cooperative tutes, deosn’t it sound great :q: :A+:

pom :+)