Motion Tweening Question

kay, I’m following a Motion Tweening Tutorial from Flash Kit. I got the First one, but I"m having trouble on the 2nd one, Which is the ball moving. Here is the link

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Getting_Started/Perfect_-Gene_Tew-603/index.php

Anyway, I follow ALL the steps, EXACLTY as it says in that tut, but when I play my movie, the ball just floats across the stage and ignores my squiggly line that I’ve made.

I’ve followed all the steps. I made sure that whenI traced the ball around the line with the arrow, it SNAPS to the line, but it STILL Just floats across the stage!!

can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong! PLEASE!!!

You need to snap the object to the first part of the line in the first frame and to the last part of the line in the last frame.

If this still doesn’t work, can you post a .fla file here so we/I can have a look at it and possibly pinpoint what went wrong and explain it to you?

AHHHH! I got it lOL

I wasn’t clicking on the KEyframe as the LAST frame> I was clicking on the actualy FRAME… Oops LOL!!

I got it ! THANKS!!!

No problem. I am glad I could help :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

God I"m glad i found a board thats NICE!

I wouldn’t know about other boards. Currently this is the only one I am signed up for.

Flashkit is too overcrowded for me and such.

This place is nice, doesn’t allow ignorant snots, and isn’t too overcrowded so it is easy for people to answer other peoples questions quickly (most of the time).

I am glad you chose kirupaforum :slight_smile:

Yeah :slight_smile: I like nice boards LOL

Thanks :slight_smile: Most boards are so snotty about helping other people. its nice that for something as difficult as Flash, there’s actually people out there willing to help

If I ever get good :wink: I’ll return the favor to people :slight_smile:

That is very good to know. I learned most of what I know if Flash from www.kirupa.com and this very forum.

There are of course other sources for other things I know, but most of it is this site and my own experimentation.

now now… didn’t you read my post. We allow the ignorant here… it’s the “stupid” people who are snots. :wink:

(sorry… I have a thing about words and how they are used. I’m a pain in the ass that way. Technicaly, we are all ignorant… where as stupid… well that’s a trait reserved for people with problems. ie, the pompus assholes elitists. :slight_smile: )

I will leave the wordage to you david.

lol… just ignore me… I can be a real ass sometimes.

Well sometimes I can be a real dumbass, so it evens out :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone has their moment of everything.

I don’t know… you’re one of Kirupa’s brightest… I don’t know why you would think you’re self limited in some way. You’ve always got the right answer for any question you tackle. That’s pretty good in my book.

=) Thanks david. That means a lot coming from you!

I am a bit ditzy sometimes though. Sometimes I don’t see what is right in front of me, or I tend to do things the hard senseless way, but as long as it works, it is fine with me…lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m the same way… I’m always reoptimizing after finding a new way of doing something. It seems like I always use the longest route to get anything done.

Well I suppose that is a good way to learn.

Learn from your mistakes and/or old ways of doing things.

It is better to know more than one way anyways. Just in case…you know.

The thing is when you try something for the first time, there’s a high probability that it won’t be the best / quickest way to do it. It’s only with practice and experience that you begin to find your own shortcuts. Stuff that you do all kind of links in with other, and you discover how you can relate things to other projects.

It’s just a matter of keep doing it. I consider myself a scripting newbie compared to most of you guys. :slight_smile:

Same here :slight_smile: Oh wait…I technically am :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey… I’ve been working in Flash since 3 was released (3-4 years), and I am still a AS newbie… :*(

of course, MM changing AS 3 times since then hasn’t helped me a bunch either… :stuck_out_tongue:

up until now, I could bluff my way thru, but not anymore… with all of the scripting gurus out there :-\

oh well, back to my book… :x

Rev:elderly:

Yeah, well I"m a newbie to EVERYTHING! LOL

Well, I would say I probably know scripting at this point more than Flash, but I really want to learn flash :slight_smile:

I guess if you want something bad enough, you’ll do it :slight_smile: