(Motion Tweens) i need help anyone? PLEASE HELP

I need help… i know how too use motion tweens for mostly moving cars and objects but i figured out it would be cool too use motion tweens for arms and other limbs but thats easy the thing i need to know is how can you make the arm shape because when ever i try all it does is look the same i cant make the arm in a punching motion only a straight motion unless the arm is allready in that position. can anyone help if so e-mail [email protected]

HTML Comments are not allowed

Is this a cartoon animation you are trying to achieve? if so, then tweening the punch motion would not look as realistic…try and do a frame by frame animation instead.
frame one, regular arm. frame 2 arm a little closer to the target, frame 3 arm hitting the target, frame 4 same as frame 1.
you dont even need to redraw everything, just use your skew (angles) and resize tool.

good luck.

html, my ass!! they should say angle brackets not allowed.

you’ll have to put each element you want to move independantly in a seperate movie. maybe create a tree structure so you can move the whole arm, or just the forearm, etc.

-- upperarm

arm {
– forearm

hand

please excuse this poor excuse for a flowchart, it’s meant to show embedded movies. this way if you move arm the whole arm will move, but this gets real complicated real fast. on the whole, i think mikeylkzt’s solution will be a whole lot easier.

good luck.

an especially poor flow chart since this message board removed all the white space.

geez.

What he means is, that each movie clip will inherate the changes of any movie clip that it is in. so…

if you take
A) hand, and place it inside
B) forearm, and place that inside
C) upper arm.

Now if you use a tween to turn the fist slightly
and another tween to turn the forearm slightly
and another to turn the upper arm just a little bit

all three will rotate a little bit more together, making the whole movement seem a little smoother. (also, if the punch were head on, tweening the fist to get a little larger as it aproaches would make sense.

Believe me, the most advanced animators of Flash media run into this exact same difficulty… smooth animation, which looks realistic is one of the hardest things you can do.

In this example, the Angel’s right arm is a single graphic, the left arm, which strums the lyre, is made up of a number of movie clips.
The hand is two pieces, one stationary, and the figuretips being a tweened graphic.(so they wiggle), then that movie clip is inside of the lower arm, which moves just a little, then that is inside the upper arm which moves even less.

It wasn’t easy. :slight_smile:
<embed src=“http://www.mycgiserver.com/~upuaut/angel.swf” quality=high pluginspage=“http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“400” height=“400”>
</embed>

Thats a pretty cool looking angel!
I don’t know if this is general knowledge but I found out that if you have a MC say 10 frames long (maybe a walking sequence with only 1 leg) This movie can then be duplicated on the main timeline to produce the other leg (with a little skewing/resizing) and then change the behaviour (instance) of this MC to a graphic and choose loop from frame number chosen and WALA…there’s the walking sequence.

I hope this isn’t too confusing.

yup… good method for reducing file size.