Multiple layout(s) critique

i have 4 layouts… the company wants a corporate look. thier logo has those colors that are mostly used through out the mock-ups like blue and light yellow. the site will be in CSS. would like to know what you guys/gals think and pick one and why or what could be added… thanks :slight_smile:

Layout 1

Layout 2

Layout 3

Layout4

-al

my vote goes for layout 2

I like 3rd one. how you done logo off the board is nice. It’s simple well done.

Between 3 and 4

Number 2. Lol looks like you might have to choose on your own, we’re all giving completely different responses.

Id have to go four. But I agree that they are all kinda run of the mill. It is hard to get out of that blog look tho. But they are professional looking

Id have to go four. But I agree that they are all kinda run of the mill. It is hard to get out of that blog look tho. But they are professional looking.

Can anyone elaborate what “professional looking” means?

well for me professional means, they took it to a professional. Someone who understands the grid, color theory and design in general. Hence the word professional.

Ooh makes sense :).

“professional” == not noob

:thumb:

When I classify something as professional, it usually has

a good, unified colour scheme. None of this “I’ll just make it this completely other colour because I don’t want to put too much thought into it”

predefined-settings-in-the-layer-styles-panel-not-used-in-photoshop (shudders at thought of horrible bevels)

every single small detail is thought about and tended too

doesn’t look too much like a template

some concept of orginality

more than a day spend in the design aspect of the development

…among other, smaller things