Music screwing up preloader - urgent

I managed to succsesfully make a preloader whoo!!! been trying for ages but then the second I add music to play on a button click on frame 3 which it goes to whenn loading is finished, the laoder stops working and then when u view it it just spends ages loading with a blank screen and then when its fnsihed loading just goes stright to frame 3. I think I figured out that it was because in the linkage for the music I had “export in first frame” ticked but then when I untick it, the music doesnt work anymore :frowning:

Urgent help needed suposed to have finished this ages ago :*(

:love:search button:love:
http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53625&

scotty(-:

I did search and that didnt come up.

I fixxed that now woooo! but got another problem I have searched the forum and this thread is pritty much the same problem as me

My movie has a black background and the dynamic text has a white background for some reason even when I export it, so it just looks terrible, how do you set it to transparant or black?

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45440&highlight=dynamic+text+background

Uncheck the border/background button in the properties panel:)

scotty(-:

Thanks very much Now I gotta work out the next problem :frowning:
Im making a music player as you may have guess It consists of a play button, pause button, FF button, RW button. I have a variable called playing which is true when music is playing so that you cannot click the play button again anyway enough on that is there away so that I can have it so whilst playing=true the play button is replaced by the paus e button and whislt its not its just the play button…

There are many ways, but something like this?

pauseButton._visible = 0;
playButton.onRelease = function() {
	this._visible = 0;
	pauseButton._visible = 1;
	//other stuff here
};
pauseButton.onRelease = function() {
	this._visible = 0;
	playButton._visible = 1;
	//other stuff here
};

scotty(-:

When do you place the buttons then?

Place that code on the timeline the buttons are in (and give them instancenames “playButton”/“pauseButton”)

scotty(-:

No I mean in the frame where do u place the buttons? on top of each other?

LOL, guess I needed some sleep:z:

Yep, if you want them at the same place:)

scotty(-:

they can be anywhere in the same frame, it’s just calling them as there instance names, they could be on different layers so that it’s easier to see them both but it really doesn’t matter
:slight_smile:

What so if you want them in the same place you put them in the same place??

like you’ve said, on top of each other:h:

scotty(-:

Would it be possible to do

if (playing=true) {
	playButton._visible = 0;
	pauseButton._visible = 1;

}
if (playing!=true) {
	playButton._visible = 1;
	pauseButton._visible = 0;

}

Yep, but then you have to check on some onEnterFrame…

btw it should read

if (playing==true) {

:wink:

scotty(-: