My first Flash SITE!

Hi everyone

This is my first website in fully in flash, I thought i would place it here just because I was helped tremendously but fellow forum flashers…

This sites for a photographer friend of mine hope you like it…please comment and give suggestions

Thanks

Paul

http://www.danduchars.com

I think you did a great job.

Here is why:

First of you didn’t use Flash for flash sake.

You considered design elements and have a simple interface…nothing over the top ( lately I use the little boxes or squares as you might call them as navigation elements, cause I found them the most effective so far…clients like to click on buttons and not actual text…).

I like white sites…they work well for photography.

Overall I didn’t have to go fish much (which I am sometimes guilty of in my creations…I just cannot help but make it hard or people to find things…hahaha).

I am sorry I am not judging the Flash skill very much, but for me design and purpose comes first and I believe you have fulfilled both aspects. Its not always good to judge a creation apart from its purpose.

Alexander
of http://www.alexkurth.com

Very nice! Very clean, the navigation is perfect, the little thumbnail is great (is that dynamic or did you make them one by one?) and some photos are amazing. Really great.

pom :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

The scrolling thumbnails were taken from the source of an infinate menu it didn’t come with a tutorial so with help from lots of people I worked it out!!

They’re buttons within a movie clip within a movieclip eheh gets confusing!!!

Thanks again for the compliments

The only thing I noticed that irked me was that when my mouse was on the far right of the site, your scrolling thumbnails went super fast. I think you should add an if statement to make the scrolling stop if the mouse’s x_position is not actually on the thumbnails. I was looking at the large images and the thumbnails flying by at hyperspeed kept distracting me…

Great site. Nice and clean and very professional looking. Love the 3D and the morphing. Nice touch the the scrolling. A Job well done.

Loved the site… very clean and effective. Well designed and well put together. The only thing is that I agree with Jubba. While looking at other portions of the site the moving menue can get a bit crazy. Just put a limit on that and it would be great. All in all it is a great menu. Congrats and good luck in the future.
Peace

Hey postatomic,
Congratulations! You are this week’s Site of the Week. For your first Flash site, the site is really nice. Most people who create Flash sites for a living have problems creating a site that compares with that of yours.

Here are the links for the graphics if you need them:

www.kirupa.com/about/linkus.htm
www.kirupa.com/gallery/awards.asp

Congratulations!
Kirupa :rambo:

VERY nice, clean, simple, easily navagatable (however you spell that, you know what i mean:) ) and like someone said up there, its not all flash made which is really made it better looking i think