Need help

Hello people. I am new in this forum and I am new with the whole Flash thing. I have an assigment in my Graphics program where I have to do a short animation based on typography only. I have this cool idea but this our first time we have been to introduced to FLASH. I have never used it before but I have been doing the tutorials and so on. My question is: Is it possible to make like a “twister/tornado” effect? because my idea is based on that. So if anyone out there can help me out I would REALLY appreciate it. Than you very much!

a twister made out of letters?

Cool idea. You can check Robert Penner’s site there’s a tornado fla. Be careful though, it’s advanced scripting.

Another great thing you can find is some kind of a fountain of letters at ultrashock. Very very cool. I’ll see if I can find it.

pom :asian:

If you’re not a good scripter, there’s no chance you can make that effect, to be honnest. Do you have to make it yourself? Because there are some simpler effects, really.

I found the file I was looking for:
Ultrashock FLA’s > Graphics and Animation > Text Stream

You can also check Bezzer’s site, there’s a nice and simple text effect, I’m sure you can cdo lots of things with it. David also has a nice exploding text effect, he’ll be glad to send it to you [SIZE=1]won’t you Upu?[/SIZE]

Hey Cassius. I made the twister, you can check it. Now that I think of it, it’s an MX file, but totally compatible with Flash 5, so if you can’t open it, I’ll post a F 5 version. I hope this helps.

bla true sorted it now…

//

setProperty (follow, _x, _xmouse+((getProperty(follow, _x)-_xmouse)/1.15));

//

That does the job for now… I will finsh the rest of the site then I may go back a work with the action script later.

hey Pom… I’d like the 5.0 version of that please. I’ve been working on a method for this thread for a couple of days but havn’t gotten anything working.

I’m sending it to you when I get home.

And n0 I think you posted in the wrong thread :stuck_out_tongue: