HI ALL,
I WANNA TO ASK SOMETHING SIMPLE BEACAUSE I’M A NEWBIE IN ACTION SCRIPT
FIRST I MADE A DYNAMIC TEXT FIELD AND I WANNA TO IMPORT A SIMPLE TEXT FROM
A TEXT FILE LIKE THAT my text like that then i made an action
like that :
loadVariablesNum(“mytext.txt”, 0);
it doesn’t work
i wanna to know the reason and how this action works
but please with simple ENGLISH beacause ENGLISH isn’t my NATIVE LANGUAGE.
and thank u 4 reading

I found a basic way to do it. It has some down sides though. The text will be double spaced and unless you hit enter the text will go across forever. I, like you, am new at Actionscript and have never done this before, but I figured I would give another newbie some help.

The loadVariablesNum is the way to load the text, but I am supposing you didn’t load a variable, you just loaded text. To fix this, in your text file add the name of your text field and then an equal sign, then include your text. This will load the variable of “yourTextboxName =” into the movie and then your textbox will load your text.

I know, I am horrible at explaining things, so I added a screenshot that hopefully will clear things up. Just click on the image I attached. It isn’t top quality, but It shows the basic idea.

Hi

I have done this in the past, but can’t quite recall how. I know it was pretty simple though.

Take a look at http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/basics/flash5_localization/flash5_localization04.html

This is an example of how to read text files to support a multilingual movie.

I’m sure you will be able to work out the bits you need from this

Cheers

John :slight_smile:

Try this page for further help

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actions/loadvariables.html

Nice links, I should read up on them, I have never done it before and my previous attempt earlier in this thread both succeeded and failed. I got the text to load, but I have to figure out how to have the text fit to the textbox without having to scroll sideways, hopefully these will help both ELBANNA and I out.