Preloader Tutorials

Does anyone know the best tutorial to create a preloader? If not could someone walk me through it?

There are some tutorials on kirupa.com that might help you out. Just go up to the search text box in the upper right hand corner of this page and type in “Preloaders” and then hit the search button.

I made a preloader but its not showing up on a 56k.
Can you give me a cut and paste action script?
Total frames 11
The movie works fine, the preloader just wont show.
Help!

ok, before I do anything I want to make sure there really is something wrong.

Do you have a movie clip animation to play while the actionscript is going on so you can actually see when it is preloading?

Is your file size actually so small that it skips the preloader? Sometimes that happens. To test this try adding a song or something to the movie to beef up its file size then upload it and test it out:)

If these don’t work I will see what I can do.

check http://www.europedesign.com/perrotta/index.html

I went there. I have a cable modem so it loaded very quick but I did see the word “loading” moving very quickly from the left side of the movie to the right, then your image gallery showed up.

I don’t see anything wrong with the preloading process.

can i slow down the frame rate from one scene or can I move the preloader to a different scene and then lower the frame rate?

That only way it would be possible to change the speeds of different animations is to use loadMovie and combine it with the new setInterval feature of MX. There is a thread about that somewhere on the forum. If you run a search you might find it.

Other than that, there is no way, your whole .swf file no matter how many scenes will all play at the same speed. Hey who knows though, I could be wrong, I have been wrong before:)

I went to the site the preloader works fine.