PS and Frontpage

I am looking for a tutorial on how to build a site using PS7 and FrontPage (skip the image ready stuff)
I have searched and found nadda…:cyclops:

this should help

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13133

skip the image ready stuff

image ready is REALLY REALLY awesome once you get the hang of it…i remember being really confused at first, but after playing with it for a few days i figured it out. it can spit out the HTML for you…slap on a background of some kind and some content and your done. it’s great for simple rollover effects too (why drag flash into your site when it’s not really needed?)

i know this is not answering your question, but this is just my opinion on the matter. learning HTML coding is a lot more useful than learning frontpage…i usually end up tweaking frontpage’s code anyway (it does stupid things sometimes…prolly the user)

good luck :slight_smile:

-teet

I would say start with the help files within FP or PS…They have tuts in there on this. I would avoid FP like the plague if you want my opinion…

Thanks for the replies …
I also own Dreamweaver MX… I have Studio MX actually:s:

What I wanna do is create an entire layout with PS7…
After completed, I would like to add text and rollovers with FP 2004…

I have created some pretty cool stuff using Image Ready… Its not that bad…
Your opinions count. Actually, I suppose that’s what I need…
Thanks Kirupians!

I want to do something TOTALLY different for jmkm.com
Has anybody seen any GOOD Multimedia themed sites out there?
–The theme is Mutimedia, so any ideas would be great. My business concentrates primarily on High School Sports Banquet Presentation–

Thanks again!
:cowboy:jm:cowboy:

If you have mx studio I would make the your grpahic in PS, then export to FWMX…then from there to DWMX…The round trip editting between the studio products id the bomb!!!

Hey, im just getting into image ready also! I’ve found it great for chopping up your site to do rollovers and i-frames.

and basicly, theres a few simple steps when designing a site in photoshop and then exporting it. first you put everything in the layout together, but keep them on separate layers. then chop it up in image ready, and then make sure your images all line up right(this is assuming you want a fairly heavy graphic site).

and if your still stuck, then go to sites that are similar, and take a look at the source code :wink:

*Originally posted by DDD *
**If you have mx studio I would make the your grpahic in PS, then export to FWMX…then from there to DWMX…The round trip editting between the studio products id the bomb!!! **

boom, thats what I was going to say :slight_smile:

ok… what will I do in FWMX?

D@mn noobs:bad:

using FW slicing and behaviors is way easier than PS…The MX studio help files have a real comprehensive tut taking you through the whole process… If you get stuck on a particular post and I will try to help.

and the best thing is, if you dont like the way Fireworks processes the slices on export, you (or anyone else) can write (and have written) scripts to automate the process to work the way you want to :smiley:

but start with DDD’s suggestion first :wink: